Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Windshield Care

Quote Originally Posted by brisco View Post
    This thread again reminds me of the line
    "The cheapest thing on a BMW is the rider."
    You can say that again.

They'll discuss oils ad nauseam and then go and buy the cheapest oil filter.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTSI View Post
    I'm also a fan of plexus for cleaning my windshield when on the road. It comes in small, convenient bottles.
    I had never tried it on my helmet visor, but after reading about these comments, I 'm going to try it.
    Rob.
    And it works on the screen protector on the IPhone. OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Type M for Moderator
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by brisco View Post
    This thread again reminds me of the line
    "The cheapest thing on a BMW is the rider."
    Just think of all the money we could save using regular gas....but that's another topic.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ralwhite View Post
    Just think of all the money we could save using regular gas....but that's another topic.
    OK - slow day here in Wisconsin, so I'll 'take the bait.'

Given that the BMW is designed from the ground up to run best on premium-grade fuel, what is the engineering logic behind your comment?
    Kevin Greenwald - MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    Motorcycle & High Performance Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Quote Originally Posted by greenwald View Post
    Given that the BMW is designed from the ground up to run best on premium-grade fuel, what is the engineering logic behind your comment?
    Which BMW? The one I just sold ('05 GS) had a BMW factory installed sticker on the fuel lid specifying mid-grade.

For windshields I've used water, water/alcohol mix, plexus, a spray cleaner/polish, All Kleer, and various Meguiar's products. All of them work. Some of them are easier to use than others.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwald View Post
    OK - slow day here in Wisconsin, so I'll 'take the bait.'

That comment was made in jest. Didn't mean to hi-jack the topic. There was a recent thread on the Bimmerfest Forum about using non-premium fuel in BMW cars. It was very entertaining to see how passionate some people are about what gas, or for that matter, anything else they use. The thread went on forever and many leveled personal attacks on others. Glad it's not like that on this forum. If someone wants to use water and their hands to clean a windshield that's fine with me.

Novus

I use Novus. Amazon has large jugs of it for the frugal. I keep my first small bottle (refillable) and Microfiber rags in my touring case. Remove the paper label from the MF rags...They are abrasive as hell, I learned.
    Helmut always wears a Helmet.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    Which BMW? The one I just sold ('05 GS) had a BMW factory installed sticker on the fuel lid specifying mid-grade.

For windshields I've used water, water/alcohol mix, plexus, a spray cleaner/polish, All Kleer, and various Meguiar's products. All of them work. Some of them are easier to use than others.
    My '05 R1200RT specified premium.

That's all I ever fed it.
    Kevin Greenwald - MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    Motorcycle & High Performance Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Still plays with trains. tinytrains's Avatar
    I use Meguires Mirror Glaze. It is the worlds most popular aircraft window cleaner in the industry, available at any pilot supply shop for $10 a bottle. If it is good enough for $200,000 airplane.... Besides, it reminds me of my flying days.
    1988 K75 Low Seat
    2009 R1200R Roadster