• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcycle dolly?

bobframe

Anyone use a dolly to move their bike(s) around the shop/garage? What do you recommend? Experiences?

Park n move

I have two of the park-n-move units, one for each BMW in a very small garage. They are low, easy to use, and great to have.

Don

The one I played with had at least 2.5" wheels and the floor had cracks and such. I guess it depends on your definition of "irregularities"?

I have a Park'n move

If the floor is swept and clear they roll fine - however sand or even fine gravel will be a problem when rolling the bike. I also need to use a small ramp to elevate the rear wheel to get her up on the center stand - my KGT weighs in at probably 565 wet and I have a difficulty getting onto the PNM without the ramp.

I have the more traditional long rail/tray with a side spot for the kickstand. Works OK, not like I move it around a lot on it, and not quickly. Picked it up used for about $75/ so not much invested either.

I've had a Park-n-Move and the Turn-a-Bike "saddle" dollies. Both are well built and a great solution to auto-bike coexistence.

The castors on the Turn a Bike seem to be nicer. The aluminum seems nicer too.

My early GS has the "off center" center stand that made putting it on the Park-n-Move a challenge. The Turnanike rides lower so it's easier. Notice I did not say easy! Most Beemer owners will never have this problem- but I pull my rear wheel on to a wood "shim" about an inch thick. It makes it much easier to get up on the dolly.

Hope that helps.

I've had a Park-n-Move and the Turn-a-Bike "saddle" dollies. Both are well built and a great solution to auto-bike coexistence.

The castors on the Turn a Bike seem to be nicer. The aluminum seems nicer too.

My early GS has the "off center" center stand that made putting it on the Park-n-Move a challenge. The Turnanike rides lower so it's easier. Notice I did not say easy! Most Beemer owners will never have this problem- but I pull my rear wheel on to a wood "shim" about an inch thick. It makes it much easier to get up on the dolly.

Hope that helps.
This is an excellent mini-review. I'm leaning towards the Turn-a-Bike dolly and this helps me to decide. Now if I could just find a nice, "never-used" used one...anyone?....anyone?

Garage Dolly Trolley for BMW Motorcycles

Hornig Garage Dolly Trolley Plus for BMW Motorcycles × 1 //// Rangierhilfe / Rangiersystem 2015 für Motorräder mit Hauptständer //// KERN-STABI Rangiersysteme Rangierhilfe These are all the same model with different names.
I found these ( I have 2 ) hard to use with the center stand as it is elevated about 2.3 cm with the rubber mat. If you are having trouble using the center stand now it will be much harder as this changes the center stand lifting geometry and leverage. I still like mine and use them but I found that I must raise the front wheel a more than the 2.3 cm to match the dolly to get the same lifting action and leverage as if it were on level ground

Attachments

• 2019-07-26_23-29-27.jpg
    2019-07-26_23-29-27.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,633
  • 2019-07-26_23-31-42.jpg
    2019-07-26_23-31-42.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 2,149
One thing that I leaned about putting the bike up on one of these center stand dollies is to put a 1x4 under the front tire. This makes it a whole lot easier to get the bike up on the center stand.

Back