• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Which route is better

O

OFOAM

The last leg of my trip will be from Mansfield to Lima. By the map, there are 2 possible direct routes: US30 and Ohio309. For those in the know, which would be better? By that I mean quickest and least traffic. By the time I get to Mansfield I'll only be interested in finishing the run.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Mick

Ok here go's. US30 is about 40% 4 lane divided highway and 60% 2 lane with bypasses around towns of any size. However there are lots of 18 wheelers
usually running convoy style. SR309 is 2 lane and goes thru Marion which is good sized but little or no truck traffic.and the state boys spend very little time monitoring it as US30 gets more traffic. In addition it runs right past the Beemerville gate. Either way the time should come out about the same.(within 15 min or so) I personally prefer 309 because of truck traffic.

Did 'em both last Saturday to and from the GNCC 1/2 mile.....30 is a straight shot almost, 309 more fun....your still waaaayyy out on the prarie and not a whole lot to see..

309 is definitely a better ride as mentioned above.

30 has tons of trucks and a large portion(26 miles+) is in the process of being converted to 4 lane divided highway. I also think that there are only 2 turns on 30 between Mansfield and Lima.

BTW, Get a fried Bologna sandwich at the G & R Tavern in Waldo, OH just south of Marion off of US 23. :thumb

From the Left coast

I'm coming in from San Diego, Ca.
I'm looking at trying to 'beat the heat' by staying north, through Denver.
I really ain't that excited about slabbin' all the way.

How is US 36, running north of I 70, thorugh the mid west?

Also, open to other routes, just NOT the desert..

Thanks.

U.s. 36

US 36 would be okay if you like small towns and Pony Express history. Otherwise it is gonna be hot, it is gonna be dry, and it is gonna be Kansas. Missouri won't be much better either. Sorry.

Greetings from the Great American Desert.

US36 across IL and IN is flat and boring with too many towns.

Biff's R said:
BTW, Get a fried Bologna sandwich at the G & R Tavern in Waldo, OH just south of Marion off of US 23. :thumb

:D That's a big 10-4 on the G&R . . . GOOD STUFF ! ! ! :clap

BTW - They've got FANTASTIC pizza, too! :wave

there is no such thing as GOOD pizza outside of NY. only dough with cheese and sauce.

sorry.

Unregistered said:
there is no such thing as GOOD pizza outside of NY. only dough with cheese and sauce.

sorry.

Okay, FINE! But I didn't say good, I said FANTASTIC! :nyah

Besides if I had to go anywhere NEAR New York (city) to get good pizza, I believe I'd have to give up eating good pizza! :D

Been there several times . . . :(

Back