Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where do you carry your SPOT?

My SPOT is on the handlebar, but when I'm by myself in lonesome country I have a PLB (Personal Locator Beacon) somewhere on my person.
    --
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light
    '13 F800GS

jeepinbanditrider
    Tank Bag.

Mine is on the GSA next to the winglet, held on with dual lock and a tether. My iPhone is on a RAM mount on the handlebars. I have a Scala Rider G9 that's paired to the phone but at best I could maybe get it to redial the last number called. I never do outgoing calls when riding so I'm not real sure how that works. This thread gave me a reason to check that out. I'd prefer to keep my SPOT on the bike since I routinely swap jackets for trips depending on the weather. Having it where I could activate the emergency feature makes sense.
    Tom Wright - South Jersey
    2012 BMW R1200 GSA, and a 2nd or 3rd something rideable & 42 assorted training motorcycles.
    RiderCoach

jeepinbanditrider
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRdr View Post
    Mine is on the GSA next to the winglet, held on with dual lock and a tether. My iPhone is on a RAM mount on the handlebars. I have a Scala Rider G9 that's paired to the phone but at best I could maybe get it to redial the last number called. I never do outgoing calls when riding so I'm not real sure how that works. This thread gave me a reason to check that out. I'd prefer to keep my SPOT on the bike since I routinely swap jackets for trips depending on the weather. Having it where I could activate the emergency feature makes sense.
    Push the "phone" button and wait for your iPhone to do the "Beep beep" tone. Then say "Call such and such" and it'll do it. I've found my SENA SMH10 to be better at voice recognition than the speaker/mic on the phone itself.

Spot ? Where?

When riding in a group of two or three riders mine is mounted with RAM mount on handle bar...by my lonesome...in my pocket.

Also, SPOT I , really needed to be in plain view of sky...but SPOT II is much better on the transmitting the signal...

I have tested the tracking mode of the SPOT II on the Ram Mount vs inside my left chest pocket of riding jacket... I find little or no difference in tracking sends.

Spot II does come with an arm belt and couple other options..

With Spot II, I hit tracking first, wait a few minutes....then send a SPOT OK, to mark the start of the ride...the unit will revert to tracking after the SPOT OK is sent...at the end of the ride, lunch break or POI, I hit SPOT OK again to mark the spot or send to Friends and Family my location, after each SPOT OK, it will revert back to tracking mode automatically.

Hope this helps!
    MOA Ambassador, Member of AL, GA and Chattanooga Clubs, MTF Gold member and BOD.
    2011 R1200 GSA (My Radio Flyer) 75 R90/6 with Velorex sidecar
    My annual charity event: http://www.echbenefit.smugmug.com/
    " Oh Lord I pray, Let me live long enough to do everything they say I've done"