• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

spline lube clarification

cy7878

Dear all,

I'm a new owner to a 85 K100RS. I have been searching for an answer to the spline lube question for days now and found way too many answers.

Seems to be that the Staburag NBU 30 is the ideal lube to use for the splines and that's what the dealer uses (BMW of San Diego at least) but they don't sell the lube to end users due to limited supply. I see them on ebay but of questionable authenticity. Second option is Honda Moly 60 mixed with either Wurth 3000 or some kind of EP carrier grease. I have a tube of Wurth on order from MG cycles and hope it will get here soon.

Any feedback on what folks here are using is greatly appreciated to give me some guidance on what to do in the mean time.

Use what Paul Glaves uses, then you will be safe. Don Eilenberg is another guru to follow as well.

I use guard dog 525. The BMW stuff has no moly and will cause wear. I have used honda moly 60 in the past and found that it works but is dry and doesnt stick well. I think a mixture of moly 60 and wurth is used by some folks. My loca lhonda dealer got me some once I gave him the part number. When I get home I will send the number.

Back