• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member in Sacramento

dave39

Hi, I just joined MOA this evening. I've been riding motorized two wheelers since the late 50's, everything from Cushmans, Lambrettas, Italian Harleys and Hondas. Yeh, I'm a little over the hill, but graduated to larger motorcycles only five years ago with the purchase of a used 2001 1100RT, and it was love at first ride. After several tours in the Pacific west, I traded it in for a 2009 1200RT demo at Ozzies BMW in Chico in 2010. I have some friends with Beemers and other makes, and we do day rides and a few longer tours each year including a fabulous tour of the Soutwest last year. I'm almost 74 and hope to ride as long as I can.

Welcome! Good to see more NorCal BMW riders. I lived a bit west of Sacramento for 43 years before moving north in 2006. I did a lot of riding (Norton, Bultaco, R75/5 and mostly R69S) in the 60s & 70s, until family stuff left no time. After I moved to Trinity County, I had to get a ride again so I could take advantage of all the mountain roads!!!!! Picked up my use "C" in 2010 and ride as often as possible. I'm in my 74th. Maybe we will meet up some time.

Hi Dave,
Welcome! We are glad to have you hear! Looking forward to reading more about your experiences and your 74 years of wisdom!

Welcome! Good to see more NorCal BMW riders. I lived a bit west of Sacramento for 43 years before moving north in 2006. I did a lot of riding (Norton, Bultaco, R75/5 and mostly R69S) in the 60s & 70s, until family stuff left no time. After I moved to Trinity County, I had to get a ride again so I could take advantage of all the mountain roads!!!!! Picked up my use "C" in 2010 and ride as often as possible. I'm in my 74th. Maybe we will meet up some time.

Glad to see there's other geezers here besides me. One of my touring buddies, though, just turned 80, but he rides an '86 Yamaha Virago. Can't get him to part with it.:banghead

Thanks, you guys for welcomes.

Welcome Dave! David here, I live up on the other side of Sac from you, just into Placer County. It's nice to see more local riders on here. My wife works in Elk Grove, so I'm down your way once in a great while.

Welcome Dave! David here, I live up on the other side of Sac from you, just into Placer County. It's nice to see more local riders on here. My wife works in Elk Grove, so I'm down your way once in a great while.

Duster, maybe you can join us on one of our weekend rides one of these days.

Duster, maybe you can join us on one of our weekend rides one of these days.

That would be nice! The wife rides as well, but on a Harley...so we may have to carry dry-sweep for when we park LOL!

Seriously, we've been hoping to connect with some local people. Are you a member of River City Beemers?

That would be nice! The wife rides as well, but on a Harley...so we may have to carry dry-sweep for when we park LOL!

Seriously, we've been hoping to connect with some local people. Are you a member of River City Beemers?

No I'm not. I ride mostly with our own little bunch mostly here in south/west Sacramento. Some of us are also bicycle riders in the Sacramento Wheelmen. We are mainly a bunch of old retired farts (ages 65-80) and former state employees, but we have all ridden motorized two-wheelers for most of our lives. We ride mostly Beemers, Yamahas, and Hondas. In three weeks some of us are are heading for Death Valley for 5-6 days. We did a two week SW tour last year. We have no day rides planned in the meantime. If you are interested in joining us in any rides I'll keep you posted; sometimes they are very short-noticed with a few phone calls and emails.

Back