• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

73 R60/5 Question

Maybe the later type reflector like on an R65. That model has the smaller diameter headlight bucket and the internals are considered to be a direct replacement for /5's.

PN 63 12 1 356 279 probably became PN 63 12 1 356 537

My 1977 BMW SnabbKatalog indicates number 63 12 1 356 279 was originally for a /5 Halogen conversion reflector. The 279 number has been discontinued from factory literature but likely just superseded by 63 12 1 356 537. The halogen lamp requires an H4 lens which is still listed as 63 12 1 356 280. Note the original 279 / 280 part number sequence. Nice R60/5. I had a white R60/5 with the large tank and polished alloy turn signals with reflectors and a black R60/5 with the small toaster tank. Are the pin stripes two distinct lines (thick and thin) or one...cant tell from the photo.

Congratulations! You won't regret it, Airheads are simple, solid, well-made machines. (We'll still be riding when all the CAN-Bus, ESA-equipped, heated-seat bikes have been scrapped! ;))

Guys thaks for all the replys and photos. I think for now I will just keep using the headlight set up I have. Maybe I will build myself a stock headlight set up for installation at a later time.

The pin stripes are as you described, one large one small. The litle bike is a blast to ride I must say. Once I get the mufflers back to stock she will even look better. This weekends project is to get all the aluminum polished then go for a ride on Sunday.

As I go through this bike I will use this thread if I come across any questions. Thanks again for all the help!

As I go through this bike I will use this thread if I come across any questions. Thanks again for all the help!

If I might suggest, if you have questions that are on a different topic, start another thread with an appropriate title. Makes it easier to find stuff if they're separated by their various categories. You know when we're looking for a tire thread, we want to get right to it, not have to comb through all the other posts. :stick :hide

Back