• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Who needs volunteers?

T

tom42n

The committee web page is great, however is it too much to ask to indicate which committee's are in need of volunteers? or another way to state it... I'm for sale. . . who needs volunteers?? :clap

Volunteers!!!!

We in Hospitality need many volunteers for a 2-3 hr shift, trying to get enough so only 1 shift during entire rally. More if you so desire of course.
If interested email or pm me please and I will get back with you asap. Or you can just email the volunteer chairman and he can assign you by your preference. Either way, thanks for volunteering, people like you are what makes the rallies great.

Bouncin' Bob's the GUY

Thanks for volunteering! :clap Bouncin' Bob malehorn is coordinating all of the volunteer shifts. I'll let him know that he needs to check this thread.

Thanks again. See you soon.........

Yup, Bob is the man... but I am offering a free adult beverage to a fellow hoosier as the committee chair in charge or charging. :thumb :brow

Ol'Salt, since you are local, maybe you can help a fellow chromehead?

I'm on the seminar schedule but I'm flying in and can't bring any equipment. I am looking for a DVD player to use for two sessions on Thursday, something fairly new (there is so much incompatibility...) that will play a DVD-R (that reads as "DVD" "minus" "arrh") in broadcast format (mpeg). Susanna was asked to provide a projector and screen or large TV or whatever is needed at the seminar location (I don't know what the space is like, a building or an ag barn?), but with Matt's recent illness, I'm not sure what is taken care of and what isn't.

I'm looking for a contact person that can be my go-between to confirm onsite set up issues, since we are scheduled for first thing on Thursday, which doesn't leave a lot of time to find out I need to go to the local Wallymart and submit my credit card to a lot of charges.

Feel free to contact a committee

tom42n said:
The committee web page is great, however is it too much to ask to indicate which committee's are in need of volunteers? or another way to state it... I'm for sale. . . who needs volunteers?? :clap

Feel free to commit to the Hospitality offer you have, or email me and I'll hook you up.

Bike Judging

On Saturday, I need some help with directing bikes as to where to park from 8 AM to 11 AM. Also need some help with registration of bikes from 9 AM to 11 AM.

If you want to judge, or learn how to judge (I can pair you up with an experienced person), let me know. If you favor one style of motor over another, please include that information.

Hijack number 2

jgifford said:
On Saturday, I need some help with directing bikes as to where to park from 8 AM to 11 AM. Also need some help with registration of bikes from 9 AM to 11 AM.

If you want to judge, or learn how to judge (I can pair you up with an experienced person), let me know. If you favor one style of motor over another, please include that information.

What years of bike are allowed to be in the show? What if you just wanted to park one there without hope of winning anything, just to let folks have a look?

Awards and Tallies needs help. If anyone has served previously, please feel free to jump right in. All volunteers will be welcome. I can find something for anyone that wants to help.

Ok I'm IN.

I am only two hours away from the rally site and plan on driving my truck over Wed. to volunteer for whatever and hopefully setup tents for me and two friends from St Louis. So I guess who ever needs me Wed and/or Thursday morning. PM me. :thumb

Bill

What bikes are allowed?!?

lorazepam said:
What years of bike are allowed to be in the show? What if you just wanted to park one there without hope of winning anything, just to let folks have a look?

Any year is allowed, just where do you need to put it? Seriously, bike judging will handle everything newer than 1969, with the exception of 'Half-a-beemer' and Vintage Modified. 1969 and older is in the Vintage display, after all the guys who know Vintage, run the vintage display. And guess, what? They're right next to us :).

Bike Show on other end of the fairgrounds

jgifford said:
1969 and older is in the Vintage display, after all the guys who know Vintage, run the vintage display. And guess, what? They're right next to us :).

Sorry Jonathan --- The Bike Show has been put in a shelter at the far south end of the fairgrounds. We did this in case it rains. The Vintage bike tent is on the north end of the fairgrounds. So, there is actually going to be quite a hike between the two shows.

Sorry it couldn't have been side-by-side.

Sue

Bike Show on other end of the fairgrounds!?!?!?!

Now them be fightin' words! But then again, when you host a rally, it usually does rain on Saturday. :)

Back