• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Video - 1926 R32

Liaison
Staff member
Pretty nice...I've never had the "pleasure" of manually adjusting the spark from the handlebars:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Ix8I17GzjM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thank-you for posting. Enjoyed watching it.
I like those floor-boards with the curled protector on their front.
Too bad the fellow riding could not anticipate those bumps. Ouch.

Again, Thanks,

mike wex
'96r1100rt

Yeah, he really nailed some of those potholes. But it seemed the problem was that when he got up close to the camera, his ability to see the holes soon enough was gone. Still, his expression says it all!

I watched that movie several times and I still don't understand why he had the spark retarded so much. On my R52, I have the spark lever very near the stop when the engine is revved up. The magneto timing is supposed to be set so that the correct, normal full advance is reached when the lever is to the stop. (This can be off a little bit because the magneto is gear driven, and the advance can be up to half a tooth off in either direction, but this is a small amount of swing on the lever!)

I can also tell you that the undamped leaf spring front suspension is better than nothing, but only just! Its bouncy, has little travel before it crashes at the stops, and most surprisingly, the bike can move while holding the front brake (as you wind up the leaf spring in either direction)!

I too cringed when he bottomed out on the potholes. Nice video....decided to go out for a ride on my/2 after viewing it. I can only imagine what it would be like riding that vintage bike.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9muLKwU6SjA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>.

Back