• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Very cool website

By some of the comments this sounds like a street view, is the correct?
I only get the satellite view.
When I compared my result to flying over on SW Airlines that's what I was saying-aerial view but ours is only off by ~ 3 miles, which is a long ways when your looking for an unmarked private road. I know this based on the view I was given being the road our property fronts-just not the correct place on that road. My purpose in bringing this up again here is a serious concern I already had about people trying to find me-people in an ambulance,firetruck,police,tax collector,etc.!!!
The story: some yrs back we were on vacation when the lady(she was once my wifes' secretary & incompetent then too) that was given the task of getting private roads into the counties new 911 system & signed , came around to get our info.. I tried to get it done(our private road is a gravel road ~ 1/2 mile off pavement) after I found out we were missed but never seemed to get anyone to do anything. Our elected county judge has promised a few times but still nothing. I've asked how they ad newly built other roads and no answer. Is it not a fact that emergency people use this information to find you? If they do, they will spend a typical 30-45 minutes in another location wandering around while God only knows what emergency goes unfound! Having had a heart attack in 2004 plus the reality of fire as a potential danger for anyone I have serious concern about Google Maps being "off the mark" to find our place. I had one "dish guy" that ended up on a ridge that's ~ 8miles away while most end up down the road ~ 2-3 miles and there is a private dirt road that goes up past a lake & through the woods for several miles to nobodies house. Lakes actually owned by a quarry as their crusher water supply.
What say you on getting this corrected? Call Google maps & ask at them?:)

Back