• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Very cool website

Darryl Cainey

Sir Darby
Really cool website!

This is kind of amazing! Talk about big brother!

Much faster than Google Earth.

Is there nowhere to hide ??

After opening the link below, type in the address you want slowly,
letter by letter, space by space, and watch each time where it takes you.

It found our home in the whole world after 8 strokes of the keys. Try it, you will be absolutely blown away.

Showmystreet.com <http://showmystreet.com/

The picture is at least a year old; it could be six years old. We don't even have the light fixtures they show for a long time.

mine was years old as well...also it was a Tuesday as the herbie curbie was by the road.

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING

It's amazing.......I was raised in area where everybody knew your business, your parent's business and could tell you the sins of your grandparents. As such, a picture of my house on-line doesn't bother me. However, the possibility of a traffic camera speeding ticket does crimp my style.

My house (with me shown in the garage at the time) was taken either late August or early September, 2012. The next door neighbour began a renovation project with a disposal bin pictured in his driveway that started in either late summer or very early fall; leaves on the trees had yet to change. Took most of my address before it appeared. I then went to Google Maps and the same photo appeared. How do I know it's the same one? I'm in that picture as well, in exactly the same position in the garage. Found my address more quickly with Google Maps than with Showmystreet.com Darryl.

Cheers!

Paul

Really cool website!

When I tried it, it was slow to load and it ended up using the same image as Google.

Edit: I tried Google Maps and it was also slow tonight. Did not try Google Earth to see how it compared for speed.

Last edited:
Really cool website!

Is there nowhere to hide ??

After opening the link below, type in the address you want slowly,
letter by letter, space by space, and watch each time where it takes you.

It found our home in the whole world after 8 strokes of the keys. Try it, you will be absolutely blown away.

Showmystreet.com <http://showmystreet.com/

You were so right - very cool web site!

I've given up trying to keep pace with technology - now I just try to keep it in sight. :hungover

Cool indeed but off a bit. Now I know why the "Dish Man" and a few others can't find my place! My Garmin Zumo is just as far off. Seems that show my street(in my case a 3 digit county road in Daniel Boone NF) takes you to several miles down the road from my private entrance rd. I also learned that there is an exact same road address in VA as mine in KY as it loaded first before I put in the city/state portion. The original view is close to the same as one I saw about 3 yrs ago from SW airlines window taking me to Lou,KY & passing up my house by a long shot. I'll venture a guess at the pic for our place being 3-4 yrs ago & in winter/early spring as pines green & hardwoods brown & pond turquoise color.

I guess the drones can find me pretty easy as looking at my junk mail there's little doubt that almost everybody has my address! In KY the state sells the vehicle registration list and that gets you lots of extra junk.

Don't trust this for having the right address. Back in 1993 when we starting to buy our house we had the address that shows our house. After a couple months our address was changed for 911 reasons. They are use information that Google maps has been providing for a few years now. Google maps has had street views for over 5 years that I known of and some of the time the address have been wrong. Yahoo maps for my address has been right for the last few years but they do not have the street view. I has not been that many years that Garmin map software has finaly got my address changed. This street view is nice when you are wanting to find the place you are going to before you go and that way you have an idea of want things may look like.

Last edited:
By some of the comments this sounds like a street view, is the correct?
I only get the satellite view.

You end up with the same picture you would get using Zillow or Realtor.com.

One neat thing to do is put in the address where you lived 40 years ago.

I couldn't down load a picture of my house? any sugestions? -thanks!

you can copy a screen image (command-shift-3 (or 4) on a mac or the 'print screen' key on a PC and paste into a photo app) and print that. The site is fast, seems to use google images and street view. Interestingly, my old HS and Elem Schools were on street view but satellite view they were both empty fields! A neat feature of Zillow missing here is you can get North, South, East and West oblique views of a location.

Back