• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

'76 R90/6 headlight re-assembly problem

ezwicky

hi all,

i took my headlight assembly apart in order to replace the reflector, and i failed to take a picture of how the springs were oriented. also, the previous owner did not have a gasket, he just used electrical tape, so i got a new gasket along with the reflector.

but now i can't get the thing attached back onto the headlight bucket. i had to gently pry with a screw-driver to get the assembly off the bucket, but when i try to force it back on with the heel of my hand, one or two of the springs pop off inside, and it never does seat.

what am i doing wrong? i have pictures of the gasket and the springs at this link if anybody would please have a look and let me know if i have them oriented correctly:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwicky2/sets/72157632999368398/

thanks in advance for your time and advice,

-eric

thanks kurt, i checked snowbum and anton, but forgot about duane.

i can see that i have the springs installed upside-down on mine. i will of course start by fixing that, as well as making sure everything is lined up according to the pics.

thanks,

-eric

Eric -

I found that by typing "bmw motorcycle /6 lens clip" into google, then selected images. Sometimes that's a decent way to get ideas/pictures of things quickly.

installing the clips the correct way did the trick. thanks for the link kurt!.

have a great day,

-eric

Back