• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Nemo Morpho 2P

F

Fat Bear

I've seen a few articles about the Nemo Morpho 2P Adventure tent and am considering buying one. It seems to be ideally suited for motorcycles with its compact size. I'd like to hear from someone who's used the tent who can attest to its comfort, ease of setup, durability over several seasons and adaptability for weather conditions. I'm 6'4" and am wondering how it would "fit" me? There don't appear to be any other "compact" choices with as much to offer out there?

Can anyone help?

Nemo Morphi 2P

I'm 6'4" and am wondering how it would "fit" me? There don't appear to be any other "compact" choices with as much to offer out there?

Howdy

I'm 6'6" and purchased the 3P Nemo Losi. I love this tent. Plenty of room for me and my gear. The beauty of it is that it comes with its own roll pouch. I simply wrap the straps of the roll pouch around the rack on my Givi top case and forget about it. It is a sweet setup. Speaking of which, the tent is a piece of cake to assemble and disassemble. I'm one happy camper.

I'm 6'4" and am wondering how it would "fit" me? There don't appear to be any other "compact" choices with as much to offer out there?

Howdy

I'm 6'6" and purchased the 3P Nemo Losi. I love this tent. Plenty of room for me and my gear. The beauty of it is that it comes with its own roll pouch. I simply wrap the straps of the roll pouch around the rack on my Givi top case and forget about it. It is a sweet setup. Speaking of which, the tent is a piece of cake to assemble and disassemble. I'm one happy camper.

Thank you for responding - I hadn't seen the 3P advertised. I will look into it for sure.

Nemo Losi 3p

Thank you for responding - I hadn't seen the 3P advertised. I will look into it for sure.

Nemo means quality. There are lots of nice features such as a 24" square with pockets that can be hung on the wall of the tent. Perfect for wallet, keys, etc.

Good luck.

Dale

Nemo

I've got 2 Nemo tents, I love the Morpho 2P with the inflatable supports. I lay it out, put in the stakes, and pump it up. 5 minutes or less from start to finish. I'm 6'4" and while I don't have a ton of room, it's enough. Also has a small vestibule. I have the tent, ground cloth, sleeping bag, inflatable pad, pillow, and small stove in one Helen 2 wheels bag that fits on my bike. I also have a Nemo 3p that I have had for a couple of years for when I'm not traveling alone. It works great but takes more time to set up and takes up more space on the bike. You can go cheap on tents or go Nemo and be glad you did.

I've got 2 Nemo tents, I love the Morpho 2P with the inflatable supports. I lay it out, put in the stakes, and pump it up. 5 minutes or less from start to finish. I'm 6'4" and while I don't have a ton of room, it's enough. Also has a small vestibule. I have the tent, ground cloth, sleeping bag, inflatable pad, pillow, and small stove in one Helen 2 wheels bag that fits on my bike. I also have a Nemo 3p that I have had for a couple of years for when I'm not traveling alone. It works great but takes more time to set up and takes up more space on the bike. You can go cheap on tents or go Nemo and be glad you did.

Thank you for responding. Whenever I'm camping, I'm doing so alone so it sounds like the 2P will fit my body frame OK. That was my biggest concern. The advertising states that it stands up well in windy conditions and wet weather. I'm looking at buying the ground sheet and locks as well as the tent itself. I was fortunate that someone gave me the Adventure Design compact cot for Christmas. I'm not planning on doing my own cooking so I can keep the profile small on the bike. Thank you again for helping me.

2p versus 3p

Thank you for responding. Whenever I'm camping, I'm doing so alone so it sounds like the 2P will fit my body frame OK. That was my biggest concern. The advertising states that it stands up well in windy conditions and wet weather. I'm looking at buying the ground sheet and locks as well as the tent itself. I was fortunate that someone gave me the Adventure Design compact cot for Christmas. I'm not planning on doing my own cooking so I can keep the profile small on the bike. Thank you again for helping me.

I have a friend who has the 2P. He is on the larger size and loves the tent but if he was to do it over again would buy the 3P. For the extra weight on a motorcycle he is kicking himself for not choosing the 3P. FWIW

2P vs3P Nemo

I concur with Jick Magger. I love my 3P Nemo Losi. I really like the extra space it affords me. When it's raining I can get ALL my gear inside with me where it stays dry.

Back