• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Has anyone gotten drop protectors?

jiminsf

I've had these on order since November 3 (and paid for) and they keep altering the dates for delivery, etc., and at over 4 months now I'm starting to get peeved.

Has anyone actually received these or seen them?

And does anyone know someone at BMW NA I can call to get some help with this situation? At this point these should be being flown to me, not put on a boat at some point in the indefinite future.

Well, sorry to hear no one else is getting satisfaction either, but at least I'm not alone.

BMW should not announce such things if they're not planning to deliver them in the model year, it's unreasonable to have people pay dealers for parts they don't have and have no idea when they *will* have - I would not have paid for these up front with the bike if I'd known BMW wouldn't deliver them for months (if ever).

I hope you can get them soon. I didn't focus so much on that side. I just got my dynojet powercommander V and will be getting a tune on it later this week. It's funny, while there seems to be more aftermarket parts out there, it is sporatic; you cna get a tuning module but not a high flow filter. you can get a tunnel bag but not drop protectors....

Ordered some from twisted throttle, back in November, for both a C600 and a 650GT, every couple weeks get a e-mail update saying they will ship soon.. At leased they have not charged me yet!!
Four months is a little long

My dealer called me yesterday (not sure if it's a coincidence they called me the morning after I was asking about who to call at BMW NA) to say they'd be here some time in mid April, so that would be 5-6 months from the time they were paid for, if they actually show up (I've been given dates repeatedly that have been changed to push out, and out, and out).

I'd still like to hear from someone at BMW NA about why it's reasonable for them to be putting these on a boat with customer orders having been waiting for over 4 months already.

My dealer called me yesterday (not sure if it's a coincidence they called me the morning after I was asking about who to call at BMW NA) to say they'd be here some time in mid April, so that would be 5-6 months from the time they were paid for, if they actually show up (I've been given dates repeatedly that have been changed to push out, and out, and out).

I'd still like to hear from someone at BMW NA about why it's reasonable for them to be putting these on a boat with customer orders having been waiting for over 4 months already.

Any luck with getting the drop protectors? Would love to know your thoughts about 'em.

Anyone gotten these yet? My dealer is telling me BMW has still not even shipped them, and changes the proposed date constantly. At this point it's been over 7 months since mine were ordered, this is ridiculous.

No one has received them. Here is a snippit from my parts manager: "BMW is currently saying the drop pad accessory will be made available this
fall (early October ETA for Germany, probably end of October for the US)." I ordered mine in 12/2012.

Drop protectors from twisted throttle arrived last month both for the 600 and 650, easy install
Think they are made by RG sliders

I bought my R&G sliders from twisted throttle, cannot find them on their web anymore
If you go to R&G racing they can be found under BMW either 600 or 650 model prices listed in pounds, rounds out to about $120+- quality made product
Maybe by ordering direct from R&G delivery would be quicker, twisted throttle was four months

Dealer called yesterday, these finally arrived! 11 months after order, but better late than never, will post pics and report when I get them installed.

Dealer has a bmw product called wind deflectors, they attach via two sided tape along the upper trailing edge of the side plastic. I can verify it protects in zero sped tip over

Dealer has a bmw product called wind deflectors, they attach via two sided tape along the upper trailing edge of the side plastic. I can verify it protects in zero sped tip over

Yeah, those are different, I saw them on one of the bikes in Paris - the drop protectors go on both front and rear fairings for the C650, where the C600 with its narrower rear requires only the front. Is yours a 600 or 650?

Back