• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Who makes tall, large, xl hi-viz riding jackets?

WalterK75

I want to get a hi-vis jacket next purchase, but not too many companies make tall. I'm one of those six feet plus and lean guys. I have a tall Joe Rocket XL in black but they don't make a hi-vis in tall. I know I can always get Aerostich to make a custom jacket, which may be the best solution. Who else makes tall hi-vis at a reasonable price?

Firstgear makes jackets in tall. Can't remember if they have Hi-Vis.

Found this one.
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/stree..._jackets/first_gear/jaunt_t2_jacket_2013.html

51-5672JauntDGloBlkFrnt-32.jpg

Also found this.
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/stree...ckets/first_gear/kilimanjaro_jacket_2012.html

51-5467KilmnjroDayGlo.jpg

HiViz Low Price

Try Speedtec/6th gear motorcycle equipment.Bought a Hi Viz jacket at the Daytona Bike Week show.Great jacket with full CE protection.Waterproof liner, very comfortable.They were also at the NY motorcycle show.A great buy at $75.00 I should have bought two!

I have the Firstgear summer hi viz in tall and it was the only one I could find at that time (3 years ago) that came in a tall.
It fits my long arms great. it has a liner you can zip in.
In cooler weather, the Aerostitch custom fit one works really well.

I want to get a hi-vis jacket next purchase, but not too many companies make tall. I'm one of those six feet plus and lean guys. I have a tall Joe Rocket XL in black but they don't make a hi-vis in tall. I know I can always get Aerostich to make a custom jacket, which may be the best solution. Who else makes tall hi-vis at a reasonable price?

Motoport (http://www.motoport.com/) makes jackets to your individual measurements. Have them for both myself and wife, we sent in our measurements and they both fit perfect. Made in the USA and have a great warranty.

Motoport (http://www.motoport.com/) makes jackets to your individual measurements. Have them for both myself and wife, we sent in our measurements and they both fit perfect. Made in the USA and have a great warranty.

+1 on Motoport. OK, +2, as I've got two of them! One Kevlar mesh, one stretch Kevlar. Both Hi-Viz.

I'm tall and "not slim." Motoport made both of my jacket/pant combos to my measurements.

Not cheap, but I LOVE the product! :heart

Whatever you buy, consider some "303 Fabric Protectant" to help slow the fading of the Hi-Viz. I got a gallon at my local tent and awning maker at a decent price. Heck, maybe I could have gotten my jackets there!

I'm 6'4" and the BMW Airshell and it's predecessor, the Airflow 2, both fit me well. The Airshell came with the removable wind and rain blocker liner which I can also use in my Airflow 2 jacket. The Airflow 2 is bright yellow (and no longer available) while the Airshell is hi-viz yellow.

Harry

Olympia gear does not come in tall sizes, but are cut longer than what might be standard. Their zipper arrangement makes it possible to hem or add material if you need more length. I wear a 36" inseam and the pants do ride up a little in position but not far enough to come off my AllAround boots. No alterations.

I'm 6'3" with long torso and the Olympia Jacket in XL is plenty long for me. Much better than the Joe Rocket mesh I was using previously. Try one on first, of course, but I find it to be a good item. Oh, I have their Air Glide 3 jacket in Hi Viz. Happy shopping!

Why not a mesh high-viz vest & then not limit your search to the jacket being high viz? That was my solution & has another benefit which is it's a cheaper way to maintain high-viz characteristics which can fade.

Why not a mesh high-viz vest & then not limit your search to the jacket being high viz? That was my solution & has another benefit which is it's a cheaper way to maintain high-viz characteristics which can fade.

This is a good idea and is what I'm currently doing. However, sometimes the wind loosens the velcro closures on the mesh vest and it starts to flap about. Also, it means two things to wear, which can be irritating at times. Maybe I just need better velcro.

Olympia gear does not come in tall sizes, but are cut longer than what might be standard. Their zipper arrangement makes it possible to hem or add material if you need more length. I wear a 36" inseam and the pants do ride up a little in position but not far enough to come off my AllAround boots. No alterations.

Extra long pants have been very hard to find. My tailor usually adds 3 inches for me for $20.
Jackets in talls seem to be easier to find.

This is a good idea and is what I'm currently doing. However, sometimes the wind loosens the velcro closures on the mesh vest and it starts to flap about. Also, it means two things to wear, which can be irritating at times. Maybe I just need better velcro.

I buy the hi-viz vests with zippers rather than velcro. I use a safety pin to keep the zipper from coming unzipped.

Harry

I'm 6'2" and now 175 lbs. after losing 30 lbs. of weight. Time for new gear.
While at this year's Florida's Coolest Rally I picked up a hi-vis Tourmaster Sonora Jacket in medium tall. I tried it on and it was a perfect fit. I also decided to pick up the pants at the same time so I can have my mesh suit for the summer. It won't replace my Aerostich, but I needed some mesh for the southern summers and the tourmaster hi-vis is BRIGHT!!!
It turns out that Tourmaster makes most of their gear in tall, regular and short. They really need to advertise that!

Last edited:
Rubberside Down Richmond BC

I purchased my riding set from Rubberside Down 2 seasons ago and am happy with the value and quality. I when high vis yellow first began to appear, there was no doubt this was the way to go. They design their own line of jackets and pants and are less expensive than the name brands. Last summer I picked up an hi vis Exo Scorpion 900 modular helmet that gets me plenty of positive reactions.

Their website is www.rubbersidedown.ca

Sunny

Back