• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Oak's Manual

Send an email to askoak at aol dot com. I bought his topend manual (I suspect that's what you're talking about) and used it on my recent topend rebuild...worth every penny. He has a "tech list" which summarizes all of the tech responses he's had on various subjects. From the list, if you see something that might help you, you then must pay for that specific article. But drop him an email.

Oaks Manual

Thanks M_stock, No I meant the "Oak's top end manual" in particular, a different publication. However these Chi-Tech books are new to me and are a 'must have'
Thank you very much , Steve the Heed

Airheads Beemer Club

Check out airheads.org, when you join you get a monthly newsletter, which has listings of Airhead rallys, tech days, and monthly tech articles by Oak. You can get an index of Oak's past articles that cover just anything related to an Airhead. With the index, you can find articles relating to your needs and order that article. Also don't forget about Snowbums excellent and detailed web pages (bmwmotorcycletech.info) for maintenance and more of Airheads.

Good luck wrenching!:wave

Mike Horne
76 R90/6
93 R100R Legend

Join the mailing list airheads@micapeak.com and check the archives, there's a thread there with Oaks address. Send him a check for $25 and you'll get it in a week or so.

this is true. i have done it twice in the last two months and received manuals both times within a week or so.

editing to add that oak has not been checking email. i hear he is recovering from knee surgery and the snail-mail address is best. i think his wife is actually sending out the manuals.... the one i got a few weeks ago had smiley-face and teddy-bear stickers on the manila envelope.

Last edited:
Back