• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Searching for trailer hitch

DOC TUCCI

Hey Y'all,

Can anybody point me in the right direction to find a hitch for my '88 R100RT? I've searched threads for Reynolds, et al. = dead end - does anyone know [for certain] if mono & dual-shock bikes take the same hitch?
Appreciate any help/direction
Peaceful thoughts, Thanx!:banghead
Doc

Hitch

I had to make my own for my 1968 R50/2 and another for my 1974 R90/6.

Am now in the process of making my own for my 1978 R100/7 !!

Unfortunately, most of the ones I have seen, look like they were cobbled together with junkyard parts and welded with bubble gum!

That's why I decided to do my own!

Try Bushtec or Dauntless Motor Corp.
Check the IBMWR Marketplace, and the Airheads Forum on ADVRider.

Hey Y'all,

Can anybody point me in the right direction to find a hitch for my '88 R100RT? I've searched threads for Reynolds, et al. = dead end - does anyone know [for certain] if mono & dual-shock bikes take the same hitch?
Appreciate any help/direction
Peaceful thoughts, Thanx!:banghead
Doc

I have a Reynolds hitch on my R100/7. It attaches at the rear footpeg mounts. If that is the same distance on the monoshock bike a Reynolds hitch should fit.

appreciate the feedback, Guys

I have a Reynolds hitch on my R100/7. It attaches at the rear footpeg mounts. If that is the same distance on the monoshock bike a Reynolds hitch should fit.

Thanx, Jim - I'll have to call a dealer to verify, b/c a fella on eBay's got one off an early 80's model - I have no idea if Reynolds made the rack that holds my bags on, or if I'd have to switch that whole thing out, too?

Bushtec didn't seem to have one, either, nor Chromwerks, et al.

Peaceful thoughts,
Doc

I had to make my own for my 1968 R50/2 and another for my 1974 R90/6.

Am now in the process of making my own for my 1978 R100/7 !!

Unfortunately, most of the ones I have seen, look like they were cobbled together with junkyard parts and welded with bubble gum!

That's why I decided to do my own!

thnx, JimmyLee - may have to hire you!
Peace,
Doc:brow

thnx for response

Try Bushtec or Dauntless Motor Corp.
Check the IBMWR Marketplace, and the Airheads Forum on ADVRider.

Hey Bob,
appreciate the advice - runnin' down that road right now - Bushtec was a dead-end, will see Dauntless, et al. IF there're enuff threads on ADV that confirm, shld be worth sumtin'
Peace,
Doc :brow

Have you asked a similar question in the Sidecar and Trikes forum? From time to time, there's discussion of pulling trailers.

Trailer hitch for R100RT

Have you asked a similar question in the Sidecar and Trikes forum? From time to time, there's discussion of pulling trailers.

Nope - newbie, joined today; still grokking how-to nav the site - thanx for the tip; will pursue
Adios, Muchas Gracias, Kurt :wave

DocT

'k - dain-bramaged; how do I find that forum? t'anx, Kurt
:banghead

Last edited:

thnx, Man! - didn't see any threads pointing that way there, & so far, from orig ad, have 2 responses - comes down to whether Reynolds rack/bag mounts will fit, or we have to fab a vertical strut if not - my bags are smaller than, say, an '81 RT, which {I b'lieve} had the Krauser taller/wider/deeper ones - think they went to smaller b/c of metal/plastic fatigue & mucho breakage - leastwise that's what my wrench postulated yestrdy - said he saw a lot of broken plas where it hung from the steel when his customers rode off-piste at all - we're going to fit mine w/camper tape to [hopefully] mitigate shock, as I'll be commuting ~ 15 miles of gravel per day from hwy to home.
Peace/Out,
DocoLoco

Back