got this battery new last year. had been on/off a smart charger in the garage all winter...initially it wouldn't start. left it on the charger overnight and it started. the load meter said 0 percent. drove around for about 2 hrs and left it overnight off the charger. no good in the morning... i'm thinking maybe a high impedence short to ground...anybody know what an ohmmeter should read from the disconnected positive cable to chassis ground?
thing is, if you leave it on a charger all the time, you may not know you have a weak battery.
anybody use a battery cutoff switch? (so what if I have to reset the clock)