• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Gusseted Jeans

ramble

ohbeemer
Are there any major retailers selling gusseted jeans? They are cut with enough material to make them comfortable for day long rides, anyone know of brands?

Two brands come to mind:

Duluth Trading. (Duluthtrading.com)
Riggs by Wrangler.

Duluth Trading has a variety of styles, fits and colors while Riggs has three colors including blue denim.

I use both and like both for travelling.

Two brands come to mind:

Duluth Trading. (Duluthtrading.com)
Riggs by Wrangler.

Duluth Trading has a variety of styles, fits and colors while Riggs has three colors including blue denim.

I use both and like both for travelling.

+1 on Duluth Trading = Great, comfortable jeans, lots of choices and Lifetime warranty.

I saw them(Diamond Gusset brand) in the Farm store chain -Orschelns. My reason for trying them was I have large thighs & butt, i.e. a stocky build and if a jean isn't relaxed fit they don't fit. A properly sized waist in a restrictive jean I cannot even pull up to my waist. I tried them on and yep, they had gussets in the crotch for sure but I must say they were a bad fit for my build, so I wrote them off. If you want non restricting jeans for a low price & look fine to me-Dollar General has them-I paid $10, made in Swaziland of all places.
My latest clothing thing after a lifetime of jeans is the nylon & other fabrics,etc., lightweight hiker type pants that can feature zip off legs, UV factor protection,non restrictive waistbands and general fit & easy to wash when traveling . This makes them great for wear under riding pants as they give you lightweight thus not so hot as jeans but also obviously some shorts and a clean pair w/o crowding MC luggage with clothing changes. So far I like the fit of the L.L. Bean best of 2 brands.
Jeans are part of ATGATT if you wear them underneath so relax:brow?

I use Diamond Gusset jeans as they have Kevlar in the knee and butt area. Used along with full coverage knee braces by Tru-fit I much prefer the comfort and fit over most specialty suits like Aerostitch. I have put this combo to the test and have not suffered any road rash. There are several other makers of Kevlar lined jeans. I recently bought some Duluth jeans that have 2 layers of denim over the knee and am thinking of adding Kevlar between the layers.
RIDE SAFE

Duluth Trading Co. > -1

I've bought stuff from Duluth over the last few years. I placed an on-line order in February. They back-ordered several items on me without notification (and with no expected ship by date offered), and then shipped the stuff prior to notifying me that they were going to ship.

Hey, stuff gets back-ordered, that's just a fact of life. But I needed the gear when I ordered it, and purchased alternate clothing from another source as soon as I received the BO notice (the day after I initially ordered it; I canceled the order immediately). Two days later, Duluth went ahead and shipped the back-ordered (now canceled) merchandise, and then hit me with return shipping charges. It took two weeks to receive my "refund" (less the $6.95 return shipping charges).

I suspect they were drop-shipping ... which is fine, but if that's the way they are going to operate they need to clean up their vendor communications and step up to their in-house errors ... charging me to return a canceled order didn't win them a repeat customer. In retrospect, if I order again, I will use the phone and get "in-stock" confirmation.

Just my $.02

I've got a pair of Draggin jeans that I've used in hot weather for several years. (Probably should replace them - I understand the kevlar deteriorates over time) For added knee protection I have inserted Roadcrafter knee pads. They are a perfect fit between the denim and Kevlar. By opening the seam just half-way across the top of the jean's knee patch, the pads slip right in (folded in half) and won't come out in a slide. I'm no seamstress so I stopped further unraveling of the seam with a dab of "Rip Mender" which dries to a flexible rubbery feel. Voila! ATGATT jeans. The knees look a little bulky when standing but work nicely when seated on the RT. This trick might work just as well on other brands of jeans.

Draggin offers CE knee pads that are held in place with hook-n-loop but I never had good results keeping the pads in place.

pete

Back