• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2005, R1200RT + Flash2Pass install?????

Spinakr

Has anyone installed a flash2Pass transmitter on an R1200RT?
I really can't see how I'm going to tap into the high beam wires off the back of the bulb.
There's just no room to shove the Flash2Pass transmitter in there and get the cover back on.

Plus, I only have about 2 inches of wire behind the bulb plug to work with.

HELP! :scratch

You don't put the transmitter in there with the bulb. . just tap the wires and replace the cover then tape or strap the transmitter to anything you choose under the dash.

My works like a charm! Since there is a rubber gasket around the headlight cover, the wires will fit between the cover and the housing with the cover tightened w/o a problem.

Tried something different

I had a REAL hard time trying to get the supplied connectors onto the wires coming off the back of the high beam plug.
So, I took a couple of male spade connectors, then, using a couple of pairs of small needle-nose pliers, put a couple of bends in them. The connector wound up looking a little wavy. There is just enough room on the back of the bulb connector to wedge those spade connectors in pretty snug, then bent the wires down and put the cover back on. Voila!

Works like a charm! I guess if they come out I'll try the wire connectors again, but for now they're in pretty snug and the back cover pushes against the wires directly into the back of the connector.

Rob:brad

Back