• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

F650 GS Topcase Choices

hoss01

hoss
Fellow Riders

I have recently purchased a F650 GS Twin that needs a topcase and carrier plate.
Is the Vario system the best option since they are quite pricey and nice?
The bike does have Vario side cases.
If Vario is the top choice...who handles this product? Could you include a website.
Would like your collective input.
Thank you.
Hoss

top case

:) First : How big or small to you want it?
Second: What do you want to carry in it?
Third: Are you going to put one or two helmets in it or none ?
Fourth: Do you want a hard or soft case? Answer these questions then you go from there.:wave:):)

Vario is not my #1 choice. I have them but I swear this will be my last set. The mechanism to expand them is poorly designed in my opinion. Additionally, they dent if you look at them too hard. (although I've solved that problem with Linex.)

However, if I had the Vario side cases, I'd want it to match. But that's just me. I like to match. :brow

Backing up what someone else asked, what are you looking to carry? Will you keep the top case on all the time or only when needed? I also have a soft tail bag that works just as well unless I'm travelling for an extended period of time.

I have three Vario cases on my bike and I like them a lot! I like that my bikes' key opens them as well. Good luck!

Vario is not my #1 choice. I have them but I swear this will be my last set. The mechanism to expand them is poorly designed in my opinion. Additionally, they dent if you look at them too hard. (although I've solved that problem with Linex.)

However, if I had the Vario side cases, I'd want it to match. But that's just me. I like to match. :brow

Backing up what someone else asked, what are you looking to carry? Will you keep the top case on all the time or only when needed? I also have a soft tail bag that works just as well unless I'm travelling for an extended period of time.

Thank you for responding to my question.
May you always have a good ride.
Hoss

there seems to be 100s of top cases.

i got Jessie's because it is big and tough

have fun

I had Jesses on my gs 1200 and " gave $1700.00 away when I traded rides.
I agree, they are the best but far too expensive this time.
Thanks you for the response.
May you always have a great ride.
Hoss

Back