• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Ride 2008 R1200RT

Brycesdad

Just picked up an 08RT. 10,000 miles. I traded in my K1200LT 2001 model with 102,000miles. I had the LT for four years and it was time for something new. Here she is:
bmw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
'08's rule....

Congrats...I just picked up an '08 RT as well. My only quandary is packing the side cases...any brilliant ideas on how to use/organize the panniers?

Congratulations...

You are going to love the RT. My '12 RT is my first BMW, I have been wanting a boxer twin for many years. Now I have one I couldn't be happier with the decision.

Congrats...I just picked up an '08 RT as well. My only quandary is packing the side cases...any brilliant ideas on how to use/organize the panniers?

It seems to me that saddlebag liners might be the best way to go.. ??? time will tell I guess.

Rick

You are going to love the RT. My '12 RT is my first BMW, I have been wanting a boxer twin for many years. Now I have one I couldn't be happier with the decision.

Congrats on your new ride!! I was headed for a new 13 GS triple black adventure. But the rt was about ten thousand dollars less and always on my list of bikes I liked. It's time to give it a try. maybe a gs later on..

Your 2008 may still have its factory-installed sparkplugs and if so they could be like mine and damaged upon installation at the factory. (my theory at least) I discovered cracked insulators on both of the horizontal plugs ... which led to engine miss in high load situations (passing acceleration maybe in a slightly too high gear) and sometimes a rough idle when warm. I think the guy at the factory hammered the stick coils on.

Congrats on the new bike. I love my RT too

Good good liners in the cases makes them much easier to deal with and pack with all your miscellaneous items.

Jason

Bag liners for sure.

When you arrive at the motel in your car, you remove your luggage from your trunk.

Why would you carry your motorcycle's whole trunk in? Just remove the liners.

You for sure don't want a setup where stuff falls out when you open the lid.

K to an RT

Congrats on the new ride. I have an 2001 K1200RS and I do wonder what it would be like to go from the K to an RT. Love to hear some riding impressions once you get her out there.

Back