• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mounting Sena smh 5 in helmet

bandman

I just purchased a New Aria Quantum helmet. I also purchased the sen a smh 5 unit. Does anyone have any experience mounting this unit in an Aria Quantum helmet. How the speakers go in? Do you have to cut out part of the padding in the helmet? Help would be appreciated. The liner is removable. Any recommendations?

I've got a Sena SMH10 mounted on an Arai Profile, so maybe it's similar to your setup. My helmet speakers have Velcro hook material on the backs and I've got mine stuck directly to the surface of the liner. I did not modify the helmet or liner in any way. It works fine for me.

2013-03-08 00.36.37 (800x600).jpg

Sena 5

Took your advice and it works great. I did this before with a J&R headset but had to cut some of the insulation out. This was a snap. Thanks for the recommendation.

I've got a Sena SMH10 mounted on an Arai Profile, so maybe it's similar to your setup.
I mounted my SMH10 speakers the same way in a Shoei RF1000 helmet. It fits a little tight and I have to wear a helmet silk so the speakers don't rub on my ears. Other than that, it fits okay.

Ummmmmm, guys (or gals)

the Arai has speaker pockets. All you have to do it take out the same padding that you attached the speakers to. There is a place to permanently mount the speakers. Just make sure that the speakers are aligned directly with your ear canals. then run the wires along the bottom of the helmet to the unit itself.

easy-peasy....

Back