• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'03 R1100S Heated Grip Replacements

BC1100S

Left Coast Rider
My bike has the newer style heated grips. They are about worn out and I want to replace them. Apparently, if I want OEM, I need to replace the whole kit AND the kaboodle (grips and heating elements)

Is there an alternative?

Thanks in advance for your input/snarky remarks.

Any dealer can get them , you need 2- part # 32721458396. They are listed as the RH grip for a K-1. I put a set on last summer on my S

Dealers always go for replacing the entire assembly. Quick and easier but also much more expensive. Dealer list is $12.76 at RealOem so Ted Porter's price for two is a deal. The grips also fit quite a few other bikes with heated grips. Interesting the R1100S is not listed.

Part 32721458396 (RIGHT GROOVED HANDLE) was found on the following vehicles:

259E R 1100 GS 94
259R R 1100 R 94
259R R 850 R 94
259S R 1100 RS 93
259T R 1100 RT 96
89V1 K 100 RS
89V2 K 1100 RS

Here's a tip on a MUCH easier way to remove old grips. Follow the instructions lkchris just posted a link to but ignore the grip removal instructions. Instead gently force a small opening in the outer end of the grip, get out your air hose gun and shove the nozzle in between the handle bar and the grip and blow air in there. You may need to reposition the air nozzle from top to bottom once or twice to completely loosen them off. Twist and remove as you go. They will come off easily, quickly and this method does not damage (slice?) anything unlike most methods described elsewhere. Utility knives and heated grips do not get along at all. DAMHIK

Back