• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Wanted: Los Angeles seat upholstery reference (1987 K75)

JamesInCA

My seat is in desperate need of both new foam and new upholstery. 106K miles, and I believe the seat is entirely original. The experience is kind of like sitting on the seat pan, with maybe a dishtowel for padding.

I think it's the BMW "comfort" seat -- it's not straight-sided like the standard seat, and has a distinct "dish" for the rider's butt, with a significant step up to the passenger area.

I know I can take it to "any" auto upholstery shop for this work - just wondering if someone has a particular place they've had good experience. I'm looking for reasonable work at a reasonable cost; it's not a premium motorcycle at this point. I've looked for seat covers on eBay as I'm kind of an inveterate DIYer, but I've only found them for the standard seat. This one has more complex seams and angles, so doesn't lend itself to a non-sewn solution.

Thanks!

(I also happen to have a spare standard seat, repairable but also not really fit for service currently, if there's any recommendation to use that instead.)

I've taken two seats to "auto" upholstery places and the stuff they stuff it with was too soft over the long-term...
Had a lousy experience with the Ojai guy (and heard first-hand of several others, but also many who were satisfied), and a wonderful experience with Cee Bailey's.

I had the comfort seat on my '87 K75S, and it really was a big improvement over the standard bench.

Back