• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2013 Latest Start Contest

squiffynimrod

blah blah blah
This was inspired by Voni's 2013 Annual Mileage thread. Obviously some of us have NO chance against you Southern folks for a mileage contest. But I'll bet you started earlier than we did!

So the winner is the rider who gets out there latest during the year for consistent riding under safe conditions. No dirt bikes in the snow, trial runs and put it away, it's when you start for the riding season. My bets are that a Canadian wins.

Here's a pic out my front door about 10 mins. ago- I've got a chance at winning this year!

P3050001.jpg

We just got ten more inches of delayed riding over the weekend. Still -10 C today.

I usually manage consistent riding by around early to mid May. First rides are often in early April, but those are usually short outings and are punctuated by periods of non-ridable conditions.

Love it! Oh, the power of the forum used for good.

But, hey. It's not fair. I started New Year's Day so I'm out of the running.

dRats! :whistle

Voni
sMiling

I respectfully disagree. Although our riding season may be longer, the riding contest starts late enough that it favors the more seasonable riding weather in the northern states rather than the 3-digit temp, humid days in the South. Check out the mileage results of Wisconsin versus any southern states

Back