• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

All about Grits

I had an epiphany this winter. I have decided to give up writing humor. It was a hard decision for me but one that I feel had to be made. I am now devoting my editorial skills toward serious technical writing. I want to be known as the "Organic Mechanic." My first story will be "How To Lubricate The Final Drive Splines of a K75 with Schmalz..." It begins, "Catch a good-sized goose and aim the secondary business end at the exposed splines. Give the goose a good squeeze. Be prepared to alter your aim." The story ends with, "Garage floor spillage is a pain. Control it organically by sprinkling uncooked instant grits into any seepage. This is the most perfect use for instant grits as no one will eat them anyway. Do not attempt a cheap shortcut by feeding the grits to the goose. You will be disappointed by the outcome."

We're back to grits again. Cool, huh?

Sincerely,
Jack Reeperbahn

Hmmmm.... Jack, we Cajun folks can use the goose/grits spillage as either catfish or alligator bait. Better outcome for recycling, and we can eat the resulting product. Pass the Zatarain's please... :thumb

P.S. Corn fed Canada Geese make the best lube... (there is the grit connection again!)

A pound and a half of cheese, a quarter pound of butter and zero fiber??? Is this some Elvis comfort food, served with bacon wrapped dounts?

Take a Krispy Kreme donut, wrap it bacon, then smother it with the aforementioned cheese grits.
Mmmm! Delicious!
That'll either stay with you all day or make a hasty exit in about 20 minutes.

Take a Krispy Kreme donut, wrap it bacon, then smother it with the aforementioned cheese grits.
Mmmm! Delicious!
That'll either stay with you all day or make a hasty exit in about 20 minutes.

Last year at the North Carolina State Fair from the local news:
A Goober Burger is a hamburger, peanut butter, and jelly (choice of strawberry or grape.) Two Krispy Kreme donuts make the bun. It was $6.

This is hands-down the sloppiest Fair item I have ever eaten. If this is finger food I am Marie of Romania. I should have gotten a fork. Thank goodness I had hand sanitizer and water and a few extra napkins. I think it took longer to clean up from eating this than to actually eat it. Imagine picking up a burger with a Krispy Kreme bun and biting into it, except there's lots of condiments on it and nothing like lettuce or pickles or anything to keep them in proximity to the burger. And the viscosity of the jelly is such that it leaps off the burger and on to your hand. Or arm. Or lap. Or all three.

Eventually I gave in to the sloppiness and tried the burger. There's something oddly appealing about the peanut butter and the burger together, but the jelly didn't do anything for it at all. (Nor did it do anything for my shirt and my pants.) I had a couple bites and thought about it, and realized that I'd prefer some mustard instead of jelly. Then you'd have the sweetness of the donuts and the peanut butter, and then some savory flavor to complement the sweetness and the burger.

Now, back to grits.

Campfire food?
While donuts, burgers and donut-burgers have a certain appeal, it remains at the state fair where pretty much anything goes, so it seems.
Back at the campfire, more realistic concoctions are what I'd like to hear about.

Best grits on Gulf Coast!!

If you're ever near Pensacola, Fl (around exit 12 on I-10) the BEST grits on the Gulf Coast are at " The Coffee Cup" on Cervantes St, around 6th st!!!!!:thumb

Back