• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

This Summer's circumnavigation of the U.S. & Canada

peterballantine

Alias Three Ring Pete
Hello Everyone,

Starting June 22nd my girlfriend and I are leaving Salt Lake city and our first stop will be Glenwood Springs Colorado we will be riding through the state and taking about four days and then heading to Nashville and from there on down to Atlanta. After Atlanta we will be riding through North Carolina and then on up the Eastern seaboard to Maine with many stops in-between. From Maine we head NW to Montreal and then staying on Hwy 401 down to Ann Arbor and from there bounce our way to South Dakota and then on up through Wyoming and Montana to Glacier National Park and then on up to Banff. From there we head west to Vancouver and then on down to Seattle and Portland. If anyone would like to join our trip at any part please let me know.

Cheers,
Peter_Ballantine@mac.com

Peter -

Welcome to the forum! Too bad you're not making the trip the other direction and planning on attending the MOA National in Salem, OR, in July. With the route your taking, you could qualify and probably win the North American Tour award. At any rate, ride safe and have fun...you should see some awesome sights!!

Keep us updated on your route. If you are near me while passing thru VA /NC i would like to join you for a day or two.
Kent

A response to Kurt

Peter -

Welcome to the forum! Too bad you're not making the trip the other direction and planning on attending the MOA National in Salem, OR, in July. With the route your taking, you could qualify and probably win the North American Tour award. At any rate, ride safe and have fun...you should see some awesome sights!!

Kurt,

We would love to go to the ralley in Salem but since we are going to be leaving in June from Salt Lake and Salem is only a two day ride from there we would be well passed Salem and into South Dakota by then. However I wish we could be there for all of the rider classes for they sound fantastic for everyone from the youngest beginner to the eldest old timer.

Cheers,
Peter

Virginia / North Carolina

Keep us updated on your route. If you are near me while passing thru VA /NC i would like to join you for a day or two.
Kent

Kent,

We will be riding through Asheville, Statesville and then on into Newport NC. From there we will ride up to Richmond and Charlottesville where I went to school and then jump onto the parkway for some beautiful riding up north. Would love to have you join. We will be pulling into Asheville around July 4th and then and Richmond July 10th.

Cheers,
Peter

Trip Details

Post details as you develop the itinerary.

Glenwood Springs June 22nd
Denver June 23-24
Salina June 25
St Louis June 26
Nashville June 27
Atlanta June 29
Clarkesville June 30-July 3
Asheville July 4
Statesville July 5-6
Newport July 7-9
Richmond July 10
Charlottesville July 11-12
Washington DC July 13-14
Princeton July 15
Annandale July 16-17
Provincetown July 22
Boston July 23-25
Center Harbor July 26-27
Conway July 28-30
Isleboro July31-Aug 1
Montreal Aug 2
Toronto Aug 3-4
Ann Arbor Aug 5-6
Indianapolis Aug 7-8
Ludington Aug 9
Plymouth Aug 10
Rapid City Aug 11
Billings Aug 12
Missoula Aug 13
lake Macdonald Aug 14
Cowley Aug 15
Banff Aug Aug 16-17
Salmon Arm Aug 18
Vancouver Aug 19-20
Seattle Aug 21-22
Portland Aug 23-25

These dates are also flexible to a certain degree

Missing NY state?

Hello Everyone,

Starting June 22nd my girlfriend and I are leaving Salt Lake city and our first stop will be Glenwood Springs Colorado we will be riding through the state and taking about four days and then heading to Nashville and from there on down to Atlanta. After Atlanta we will be riding through North Carolina and then on up the Eastern seaboard to Maine with many stops in-between. From Maine we head NW to Montreal and then staying on Hwy 401 down to Ann Arbor and from there bounce our way to South Dakota and then on up through Wyoming and Montana to Glacier National Park and then on up to Banff. From there we head west to Vancouver and then on down to Seattle and Portland. If anyone would like to join our trip at any part please let me know.

Cheers,
Peter_Ballantine@mac.com

From your itinerary it appears you are going direct from Montreal to Toronto? If your staying in Canada your missing some very excellent riding in NY state. The Adirondacks are awesome and where I live in Central NY is not bad also. I've ridden in many parts of the US and I still think NY has some of the best bike roads in the country. Let me know I'd love to guide you through. I'm always up for a ride!

Cheers!

<<Brian>>

From your itinerary it appears you are going direct from Montreal to Toronto? If your staying in Canada your missing some very excellent riding in NY state. The Adirondacks are awesome and where I live in Central NY is not bad also. I've ridden in many parts of the US and I still think NY has some of the best bike roads in the country. Let me know I'd love to guide you through. I'm always up for a ride!

Cheers!

<<Brian>>

I will agree there is better riding in NY than the drone on the River flats in Canada. However if you believe NY has some of the best roads in the country??? You really need to take the exits off the interstate when you travel, Best in the NE, is PA by a country mile. And compared to the Smokey's, the best in NY can't even come close.

Back