• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Colorado trip story and pics

M

MRMAICO

I just spent a few days in Colorado and thought I would post the pics for anyone who might be considering a similar ride. As you can see due to my bad back I had to trailer my bikes (86 R80RT and 84 R65) down from North Dakota. I had planned on going down next month for the Paonia Rally but was hoping for cooler weather this month plus I just couldn't wait!

It was fantastic! Couldn't have asked for better weather, maybe a bit cooler though. Even at the tops of the passes it was light jacket temps with no wind at all. I spent 1 night in Estes Park and the next day rode Rocky Moutain National Park down to Granby. Later that day I made it to south of Vail and the next morning rode up Independence Pass to Aspen and back to Twin Lakes where my truck was parked. Spent the next night at Monarch Pass (35 degrees in the morning!) and drove into Gunnison in the morning and rode over to Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Spent the next night at Kenosha Pass just SW of Denver and the next day visited friends and went for a ride in the Denver area. Next day was the long road home, made good time though....720 miles in just over 11 hours.

Both bikes ran perfect! Only had to bump up the idle 1/4 turn on the RT. Good old Airheads!

Can't wait to do it again! As you can see I got a little carried away with the picture taking but I'd rather have too many than not enough. I sure envy anyone living there. Camera was nothing special....Fuji 2650, 2mp, well under $100 nowdays on Ebay.

Barry
http://barrybuelow.fotopic.net/c588204_1.html

niiiiice. liked the bridge shot and oh, what a nice home you have in aspen.
thanks for sharing.

Excellent report and ride! I just returned from three days in the area... Dolores Canyon, San Juan Skyway, Million Dollar Highway, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, McClure Pass, Independence Pass, Kenosha Pass, etc. Kenosha Pass is near where I live. Good memories

Great Ride

Thanks for the pic's, looks like a perfect trip, there's nothing like the Rockies!!
By the way you can't take too many pictures, and these are some real keepers.
Thanks
Joe :thumb

Great Pictures! I just returned from Colorado. We did Rocky Mtn National Park, Leadville, Durango, Mesa Verde, Durango to Silverton Train, San Juan Skyway ( on a rented Harley), Gardens of the Gods, and Seven Falls. Great trip, the only thing that would have made it better is if I would have had my RT.

Carroll

censor46@hotmail.com

2003 Silver R1150RT

Those are great pics. :thumb I love it out West. Florida is so flat. The biggest mountains we have around here are the silicone enhanced kind.

Back