• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Can't log in to forum using Tapatalk

jbrown

When I try to log in to the forum using Tapatalk on my iPhone, using the credentials I use to get into the BMWMOA site, it tells me I have entered an invalid username or password. I changed my password on the website to see if that would help and it didn't. It seems as though the forum actually uses different credentials, but I have no way to get to them. Any ideas?

I just set this up also, working for me!!! Thanks I use Tapatalk all the time.
Lance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tapatalk not working?

I get this when trying to connect via tapatalk on iPad and iPhone. Any ideas?

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 109
I'm moving this an existing thread for this problem. It will also be added to the list of problems for the office to resolve.

I'm moving this an existing thread for this problem. It will also be added to the list of problems for the office to resolve.

Thank you!!! It feels very weird not being able to check the forums from my phone (and my screen is too small to browse through the web page).

Honestly, I don't know...I don't use the product. If you haven't been able to use it after trying some of the things in the other thread, then my guess is that it's not working yet. The office is aware of the problems, but if you would like to get more on the status, I recommend that you call the office on Monday and ask for Jeff.

Honestly, I don't know...I don't use the product. If you haven't been able to use it after trying some of the things in the other thread, then my guess is that it's not working yet. The office is aware of the problems, but if you would like to get more on the status, I recommend that you call the office on Monday and ask for Jeff.

Call? How about just a response on this thread?

After talking with the office, I understand that in the past, people were required to use an encrypted password to access various parts of the forum. The same was the situation with Tapatalk. If you haven't tried it, you should use your "regular" username and password, the same that you would use to login to the forum if you were on a laptop or desktop computer. Hopefully that's what will work. If not, repost as to what's going on and the exact steps that you're trying to get to the forum.

Thanks...

After talking with the office, I understand that in the past, people were required to use an encrypted password to access various parts of the forum. The same was the situation with Tapatalk. If you haven't tried it, you should use your "regular" username and password, the same that you would use to login to the forum if you were on a laptop or desktop computer. Hopefully that's what will work. If not, repost as to what's going on and the exact steps that you're trying to get to the forum.

Thanks...

Thank you for pursuing this. I think I can clarify it (the problem I mean). I have used Tapatalk for some time, up until the recent issue.

Here is the problem: Logging in through Tapatalk isn't the problem...the problem is that Tapatalk cannot see the website at all. I get this error message: "Failed to connect to forum; please check with the forum administrator if this problem persists."

When using the Tapatalk workaround, you can actually get into the website and receive a login screen. With this error, you only get a blank screen with the above error message.

The tapatalk plugin has not been installed on the server.
Instructions here: http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php

I have about one more week of patience with this.

Forum is too difficult to manage on mobile devices without it.

Can we at least get some official word on it. If you are not going to enable it, at least I can focus elsewhere.

This is not difficult. Every other forum that I use is tapatalk enabled.

Lynn -

As I said, all current issues with the forum are on Bob Aldridge's desk, the new Executive Director.

Lynn -

As I said, all current issues with the forum are on Bob Aldridge's desk, the new Executive Director.

I heard that the first time. I was looking for some response from the decision makers.
Do you have an email address for Mr Aldridge?
It seems we have contact info for most everyone else, but not him.

Lynn

Message sent! I'll let everyone know if I get a response.

Received a very fast response from Bob.

I will paraphrase his answer.

1) tapatalk is on the list of stuff to do
2) This is week 2 on the job
3) This upgrade didn't go the way he would have wanted it.
4) Be patient until he can get a plan together.

Got an email from Bob Aldridge today. The target to have tapatalk operational again is May 3, 2013.

Back