• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Touratech Top Case Modification

mtzgrr1951

Anyone else out there troubled when you close the Touratech Top Case and you pinch the stop cable between the body of the case and the top? I was. Here is my small and inexpensive modification to stop the pinch!

Go to your local hardware and purchase a light-weight 2" spring that expands effortlessly to about 4 inches. Replace the hinge bracket screw with a screw that is about 1/4 inch longer so you have enough room to place the spring, a washer and a nut over the end of the screw. Obviously, attach the other end of the spring to the lid stop cable.

Works perfectly.... as you close the lid the spring will gently pull the cable toward the inside of the case.

touratechtopcase.jpg

I did exactly the same thing with my BMW Adventure cases which use a similar cable stay (and are made by Touratech for BMW). It does work very well.

I just removed the cable on the lower side (when parked on side stand). Having only the other cable works fine for the purpose and removing the other eliminated the pesky cable pinching that happened.

Back