• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Got My New 90th Anniversary R1200RT

Our dealer got one assembled this week.

I think it looks pretty nice if a bit subtle.

Don't quite get the silver instrument surround, but the other special things are pretty cool.

I'm not certain, but this could be the first time an "anniversary" model coincides with last year for that model.

Well, my brother and a riding friend have the 2010 RT and to me they're great. Never seen them overheat and they run all day. It's got plenty of power so the water cooled bike isn't necessarily a thing to "wait for" imho.

Congrats, I saw one at my dealership last Thursday (already spoken for of course). The paint is certainly good looking and I like the dark bits on the wheels, heads etc. I think my dealer said they were getting 3 more and that was it.

I've only seen them in pictures. I think they're great! Personally, and at my age, I could see trading for that and keeping it as my "last motorcycle". Congratulations.

Well, my brother and a riding friend have the 2010 RT and to me they're great. Never seen them overheat and they run all day. It's got plenty of power so the water cooled bike isn't necessarily a thing to "wait for" imho.

For me either.

I satisfied my practical side that was conflicting with really wanting this Anniversary edition by finding a 2K miles used 2012.

I would have said go with the '12, but after riding all day with my brother (he has a '10 RT) it was he that kept telling me how much better looking the anniversary bike is compared to his. I'm more into the reliability of the beemer.

Absolutely love the 90th anniversary color combo. Enjoy it. I'm jealous. I've grown to like Ostra Grey on my '11 RT.

90th

Absolutely love the 90th anniversary color combo. Enjoy it. I'm jealous. I've grown to like Ostra Grey on my '11 RT.

I will be picking up a 90th Anniversary R1200RT next week. I had a 2012 RT but was T0-Boned in June. I am having a lot of farkles put on it.

I saw the bike in April and said to myself I should have waited a year. Having a wreck is a bad way to get a new bike.

After I was checked out of the ER, I had Moon Motorsports on the line looking for a new 90th special.

Bernie

Sorry about your accident, but glad to hear you're getting a new RT. I just covered 3,000 miles on the RT, mostly in New Mexico and Colorado and loved the way it handles. Enjoy it and keep safe. Send Pixs once you get it.

I received my 90th anniversary edition R1200RT as a birthday present from my wife in March. I now have over 4,100 miles on this beautiful bike. I asked my dealer last week when it was time for state inspection how many of the 90th anniversary editions did he sell. He told me that the special edition was limited to 6,000 units and that only 200 would be exported to America.
Is this correct from what you have heard? If so, take care of them because their ain't many around.
I love my bike and will be getting Russell DL seats this winter. Plan on doing a Saddle Sore 1,000 next year and getting the bike and myself ready early.
Have a great holiday all of you and keep your wheels down and stay on the proper side of the sod.

90 year edition

I received my 90th anniversary edition R1200RT as a birthday present from my wife in March. I now have over 4,100 miles on this beautiful bike. I asked my dealer last week when it was time for state inspection how many of the 90th anniversary editions did he sell. He told me that the special edition was limited to 6,000 units and that only 200 would be exported to America.
Is this correct from what you have heard? If so, take care of them because their ain't many around.
I love my bike and will be getting Russell DL seats this winter. Plan on doing a Saddle Sore 1,000 next year and getting the bike and myself ready early.
Have a great holiday all of you and keep your wheels down and stay on the proper side of the sod.

Then it would be collectors item.

If the number of units is really that small, It'll probably be a collectors item one day, so I'd caution all who buy one and change things, like seats, etc, to keep the original items they take off for resale value to collectors.

If the number of units is really that small, It'll probably be a collectors item one day, so I'd caution all who buy one and change things, like seats, etc, to keep the original items they take off for resale value to collectors.

I added a Corbin seat, but I have both the low seat and the regular seat!

*sigH*

out of curiosity about how many 90 annie's were made and how many were exported to Americas, since someone mentioned it was a limited run, i emailed BMW Motorrad USA Customer Service and asked.

They responded, saying they're unable to answer my inquiry, and to ask the dealership :/

funny that BMW motorrad doesnt know but expect the dealers to know :\

*sigH*

out of curiosity about how many 90 annie's were made and how many were exported to Americas, since someone mentioned it was a limited run, i emailed BMW Motorrad USA Customer Service and asked.

They responded, saying they're unable to answer my inquiry, and to ask the dealership :/

funny that BMW motorrad doesnt know but expect the dealers to know :\

Maybe we should call Honda or Harley Davidson? My 105th Anniversary Ultra has the production number of my motorcycle followed by a /XXXX total number built (worldwide).

Back