Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Got My New 90th Anniversary R1200RT

Got My New 90th Anniversary R1200RT

This weekend I finally got my bike. There's more pictures on our blog at www.airheadmoto.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IBA No. 58411
    Current Bike 1979 BMW 100RT; 2013 BMW R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition; 2008 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic 105th Anniversary Edition

Our dealer got one assembled this week.

I think it looks pretty nice if a bit subtle.

Don't quite get the silver instrument surround, but the other special things are pretty cool.

I'm not certain, but this could be the first time an "anniversary" model coincides with last year for that model.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Well, my brother and a riding friend have the 2010 RT and to me they're great. Never seen them overheat and they run all day. It's got plenty of power so the water cooled bike isn't necessarily a thing to "wait for" imho.
    IBA No. 58411
    Current Bike 1979 BMW 100RT; 2013 BMW R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition; 2008 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic 105th Anniversary Edition

Rally Rat
    Congrats, I saw one at my dealership last Thursday (already spoken for of course). The paint is certainly good looking and I like the dark bits on the wheels, heads etc. I think my dealer said they were getting 3 more and that was it.

I've only seen them in pictures. I think they're great! Personally, and at my age, I could see trading for that and keeping it as my "last motorcycle". Congratulations.
    2015 R nineT
    2014 Triumph Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by rapz View Post
    Well, my brother and a riding friend have the 2010 RT and to me they're great. Never seen them overheat and they run all day. It's got plenty of power so the water cooled bike isn't necessarily a thing to "wait for" imho.
    For me either.

I satisfied my practical side that was conflicting with really wanting this Anniversary edition by finding a 2K miles used 2012.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

I would have said go with the '12, but after riding all day with my brother (he has a '10 RT) it was he that kept telling me how much better looking the anniversary bike is compared to his. I'm more into the reliability of the beemer.
    IBA No. 58411

Absolutely love the 90th anniversary color combo. Enjoy it. I'm jealous. I've grown to like Ostra Grey on my '11 RT.

90th

Quote Originally Posted by kltk165 View Post
    Absolutely love the 90th anniversary color combo. Enjoy it. I'm jealous. I've grown to like Ostra Grey on my '11 RT.
    I will be picking up a 90th Anniversary R1200RT next week. I had a 2012 RT but was T0-Boned in June. I am having a lot of farkles put on it.

I saw the bike in April and said to myself I should have waited a year. Having a wreck is a bad way to get a new bike.

After I was checked out of the ER, I had Moon Motorsports on the line looking for a new 90th special.

Bernie

Sorry about your accident, but glad to hear you're getting a new RT. I just covered 3,000 miles on the RT, mostly in New Mexico and Colorado and loved the way it handles. Enjoy it and keep safe. Send Pixs once you get it.
    IBA No. 58411

I received my 90th anniversary edition R1200RT as a birthday present from my wife in March. I now have over 4,100 miles on this beautiful bike. I asked my dealer last week when it was time for state inspection how many of the 90th anniversary editions did he sell. He told me that the special edition was limited to 6,000 units and that only 200 would be exported to America.
    Is this correct from what you have heard? If so, take care of them because their ain't many around.
    I love my bike and will be getting Russell DL seats this winter. Plan on doing a Saddle Sore 1,000 next year and getting the bike and myself ready early.
    Have a great holiday all of you and keep your wheels down and stay on the proper side of the sod.

90 year edition

Quote Originally Posted by sickticket View Post
    I received my 90th anniversary edition R1200RT as a birthday present from my wife in March. I now have over 4,100 miles on this beautiful bike. I asked my dealer last week when it was time for state inspection how many of the 90th anniversary editions did he sell. He told me that the special edition was limited to 6,000 units and that only 200 would be exported to America.
    Is this correct from what you have heard? If so, take care of them because their ain't many around.
    I love my bike and will be getting Russell DL seats this winter. Plan on doing a Saddle Sore 1,000 next year and getting the bike and myself ready early.
    Have a great holiday all of you and keep your wheels down and stay on the proper side of the sod.
    Then it would be collectors item.

limited ed.

How many of this model were made? How many were shipped to the US?

Quote Originally Posted by bernie View Post
    How many of this model were made? How many were shipped to the US?
    I don't know but that's a good question. I just was asked if it was for sale at one of the BMW dealers in Texas. I'll look into it.
    IBA No. 58411

If the number of units is really that small, It'll probably be a collectors item one day, so I'd caution all who buy one and change things, like seats, etc, to keep the original items they take off for resale value to collectors.