• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Bmw commercials

A little slide dobro guitar sounds like it wants to be a bad-boy Harley cross over. .. . which is probably who they're aiming at income-wise.

So, did I see this correctly, or maybe it's sloppy film editing ... I get the distinct impression that these BMW riders stiffed the diner. First one shot with no food on the table, then a shot with a "well, are you doing to wait on us" look on their faces, a shot of the guy impatiently bouncing his foot, and then the tab, picked up from the table, with partially eaten food in the back ground....

Attachments

• Feed your Restless.JPG
    Feed your Restless.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 86
While not nearly as bad as HD advertising, this flavor of marketing still makes me a little embarrassed. Why do advertisers want to define a lifestyle, rather than just push a product?

"Hey, look at these cool motorcycles!" would be a lot more effective on me than "We know you're a rugged individual with a sense of adventure and a lust for the open range!" Of course, I'm paraphrasing.

I'll take a stab @ an answer. That type of adverts [lifestyle] seem to be the 'rage' ! Do this, drive that, eat this or that, and you'll be cool, smart,tough, tall,..etc. Like these good lookin' folks in the commercial. Ever notice?... so many of the car commercials that show the car they're selling is sliding sideways, in the water, or kicking up a cloud of dust...same sort of thing {IMO}

And again, {JMO} but allot of folks get into motorcycles FOR the perceived "cool" factor...some re-capture youth kinda thing.

A little slide dobro guitar sounds like it wants to be a bad-boy Harley cross over. .. . which is probably who they're aiming at income-wise.

So, did I see this correctly, or maybe it's sloppy film editing ... I get the distinct impression that these BMW riders stiffed the diner. First one shot with no food on the table, then a shot with a "well, are you doing to wait on us" look on their faces, a shot of the guy impatiently bouncing his foot, and then the tab, picked up from the table, with partially eaten food in the back ground....

That crossed my mind too.

I'll take a stab @ an answer. That type of adverts [lifestyle] seem to be the 'rage' ! Do this, drive that, eat this or that, and you'll be cool, smart,tough, tall,..etc. Like these good lookin' folks in the commercial.

This is what advertising has always been about and always will be.

My question is where are all the whitebeards and nerds. Haven't these guys ever gone to a BMW rally? :ha

While not nearly as bad as HD advertising, this flavor of marketing still makes me a little embarrassed. Why do advertisers want to define a lifestyle, rather than just push a product?

"Hey, look at these cool motorcycles!" would be a lot more effective on me than "We know you're a rugged individual with a sense of adventure and a lust for the open range!" Of course, I'm paraphrasing.

A motorcycle has X accessories that I can sell you. "Lifestyle" accessories must be X^n ............... just think of the Lady HD lingerie line ...... mo money, mo money, mo money....................

.... just think of the Lady HD lingerie line .......

LOL, I can see it now... the wife wears the lingerie trying to put her husband in the mood and he takes one look at the two HD logos on her chest and it reminds him that he forgot to change the fork oil in his bike and he ends up in the garage. Harley Davidson clothing, another form of birth control. LOL

Last edited:
Sheesh!!!
And to think they actually paid money for those things.
The first one would make me NOT want a BMW. The narrative on all of them is ridiculous.......

The video shots of the bikes being briskly ridden is nice. But the theme "feed your restless" seems way off point. A poor commercial is better than none at all though.

Saw a R75/5 parked on the side of the road in a Canada Dry Ginger Ale commercial with a young girl pulling a delivery truck out of the ground in the field next to the road,then all the people in the commercial drinking a soda pop.
sorry,I figured this is commercials WITH BMW"S in them.

Last edited:
Back