Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bmw commercials

jeepinbanditrider
    They need to dumb those commercials down for 'Mericans. Just throw a half naked babe on the bike and they'd sell them by the boat load

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    What?!!?....when was the last time you saw motorcycle riders leave a table full of food.....

I didn't get that from it?...but OK.
    FWIW, I never pass up food. You may have a point.
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6

Sheesh!!!
    And to think they actually paid money for those things.
    The first one would make me NOT want a BMW. The narrative on all of them is ridiculous. I guess the gruff voice is meant to jump on the Harley tough guy image bandwagon.
    I guess I'm just not restless. Nor reckless.
    I ride to get there when I get there, not to get there faster. To me it's the journey. Sure, there has to be a destination, when I get there. No ride, except one, lasts forever.
    dc

One of the very few ads I ever saw that I liked, about anything was the one from some years ago "Riding, or touring thru' Norway".
    That was a good one.
    And Marlice Van De Meer with the VW.

They would have a better ad with a father and son talk about the quality of a BMW motorcycle and then show both of them riding away. Maybe have Dad on something older, like a R90S and the son on something new, like a F or G series. Have an announcer state that quality never goes out of style and then show the Roundel at the end.

True, they could have done better.
    Lynn
    MOA #57883

The commercials can be seen on Youtube. Type in "Feed Your Restless" There are three different versions: GS1200, K1600, and S1000RR

A little slide dobro guitar sounds like it wants to be a bad-boy Harley cross over. .. . which is probably who they're aiming at income-wise.

So, did I see this correctly, or maybe it's sloppy film editing ... I get the distinct impression that these BMW riders stiffed the diner. First one shot with no food on the table, then a shot with a "well, are you doing to wait on us" look on their faces, a shot of the guy impatiently bouncing his foot, and then the tab, picked up from the table, with partially eaten food in the back ground....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Saw the S1000RR version during telecast of Sprint Cup qualifying.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

SO... TV has some redeeming value after all, then?

Nah...
    Be The Change You Want To See In The World

Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
    While not nearly as bad as HD advertising, this flavor of marketing still makes me a little embarrassed. Why do advertisers want to define a lifestyle, rather than just push a product?

"Hey, look at these cool motorcycles!" would be a lot more effective on me than "We know you're a rugged individual with a sense of adventure and a lust for the open range!" Of course, I'm paraphrasing.

I'll take a stab @ an answer. That type of adverts [lifestyle] seem to be the 'rage' ! Do this, drive that, eat this or that, and you'll be cool, smart,tough, tall,..etc. Like these good lookin' folks in the commercial. Ever notice?... so many of the car commercials that show the car they're selling is sliding sideways, in the water, or kicking up a cloud of dust...same sort of thing {IMO}

And again, {JMO} but allot of folks get into motorcycles FOR the perceived "cool" factor...some re-capture youth kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    A little slide dobro guitar sounds like it wants to be a bad-boy Harley cross over. .. . which is probably who they're aiming at income-wise.

So, did I see this correctly, or maybe it's sloppy film editing ... I get the distinct impression that these BMW riders stiffed the diner. First one shot with no food on the table, then a shot with a "well, are you doing to wait on us" look on their faces, a shot of the guy impatiently bouncing his foot, and then the tab, picked up from the table, with partially eaten food in the back ground....
    That crossed my mind too.
    Lynn
    MOA #57883

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    I'll take a stab @ an answer. That type of adverts [lifestyle] seem to be the 'rage' ! Do this, drive that, eat this or that, and you'll be cool, smart,tough, tall,..etc. Like these good lookin' folks in the commercial.
    This is what advertising has always been about and always will be.

My question is where are all the whitebeards and nerds. Haven't these guys ever gone to a BMW rally?

Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
    While not nearly as bad as HD advertising, this flavor of marketing still makes me a little embarrassed. Why do advertisers want to define a lifestyle, rather than just push a product?

"Hey, look at these cool motorcycles!" would be a lot more effective on me than "We know you're a rugged individual with a sense of adventure and a lust for the open range!" Of course, I'm paraphrasing.
    A motorcycle has X accessories that I can sell you. "Lifestyle" accessories must be X^n ............... just think of the Lady HD lingerie line ...... mo money, mo money, mo money....................
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    .... just think of the Lady HD lingerie line .......
    LOL, I can see it now... the wife wears the lingerie trying to put her husband in the mood and he takes one look at the two HD logos on her chest and it reminds him that he forgot to change the fork oil in his bike and he ends up in the garage. Harley Davidson clothing, another form of birth control. LOL
    Last edited by ARGENT BRICK; 03-07-2013 at 09:02 AM.
    Lynn
    MOA #57883

Quote Originally Posted by David13 View Post
    Sheesh!!!
    And to think they actually paid money for those things.
    The first one would make me NOT want a BMW. The narrative on all of them is ridiculous.......

The video shots of the bikes being briskly ridden is nice. But the theme "feed your restless" seems way off point. A poor commercial is better than none at all though.
    14 R1200GSA, 93 R100R. No car is as fun to drive as any motorcycle is to ride.

advrider.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ARGENT BRICK View Post
    another form of birth control. LOL
    Yeah, but I'm an engineer.

What does an engineer use for birth control? His personality.