• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Camhead RT Mirrors

lkchris

Ok, I read somewhere there's a new step to removing the mirrors (housing and all) on a Camhead (2010-on) R1200RT but can't find it here searching.

Could some kind soul post the secret? TIA

PS: Just got this bike and I WILL get a Reprom.

Push on the outer, lower corner of the mirror glass, tilting it as far as it will go. Use a flashlight and look in the gap at the upper, inner corner of the mirror. Remove the Torx head machine screw and the entire mirror housing slides off to the front.

It's explained on page 132-133 of my 2011 owner's manual for changing the front turn signal bulb.

To add some additional info for those searching: there's a hole in the bottom of the mirror housing to allow access to the keeper screw that holds the mirror itself into the housing. From there you have better access to the innards of the whole assembly.

I agree that it is much easier to remove the mirror first with the setscrew, then access the whole housing.

Yes, it was the setscrew thing that I'd read about somewhere else and assumed was what I needed immediately to know, as on my previous '08 RT the mirror housing had to come off to allow access to the screws to remove the painted plastic mirror fairing.

Clearly I was looking for access to the parking lights (could have been turn signal bulbs).

Dave's tip--which I'm embarassed to say was in my new owners manual--did the trick.

I ordered my RepRom this morning. Thanks again to everyone.

Back