• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mt. Magazine Park, Petit Jean Park, and other NW Arkansas areas this summer

oldnslow

It's a way of life!
I just finished booking my rooms for a three day ride in northwest Arkansas. If anyone is planning to stay at a state park this spring/summer in the area, you best start booking now:type. I had to adjust my travel dates to fit when there were vacancies in the park's lodges. (I don't camp!)

We're heading south from Branson on 65 to Harrison AR, then going a variety of State Highways (16, 7, 21, and others) to Mt Magazine Park, then across to Petit Jean State Park and stay for two days. Petit Jean has some wonderful hiking trails, so we plan on spending a day hiking. Some trails are quite challenging and fun, not just a bulldozer path through the woods. They actually require some climbing and effort! And there is a 90 foot waterfall on one of the trails.

We spent an afternoon in Petit Jean Park on our meandering route to Sedalia last summer. Very scenic, have fun! There is a fairly interesting aotomotive museum close to there.

We have camped at Petit Jean a couple times and stayed at the lodge once. Nice park.
Last fall I tried several dates at Mt Magazine Lodge, but all the dates that would work for our travel time were full. Seems like I checked a couple months ahead.

If you have time, you might like Pedestal Rock and King's Bluff trails located a little east of the hwy 7 and 16 intersetion.
Each trail is approx. 2 miles long.

Pedestal_Rock.JPG

Pedestal_Rock4.JPG

Pedestal_Rock2.JPG

Try to find a spot on the trail where you can get under the bluffs.

http://www.exploresouthernhistory.com/pedestalrocks.html

Last edited:
Back