• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Trashed website

First post...really? Not even a hello?

There are alot of VOLUNTEERS who work behind the scenes to make the most of this web site and this club. I've yet to find any website, forum, or club that is 100% perfect but perhaps you have an area of expertise and the time and talent to donate to help us improve? At the very least, can you be a little more specific with your complaint?

I've moved this thread to Online Central since it is about the website and not about Airheads.

Lots of folks just have to find crap to gripe about. I find the website/forum setup just fine and I'm on a lot of different forums. ADVRIDEr, TWT, ST.N, F800.org, blah, blah, blah.

I just see a TROLL if he is posting that as his first post.

Troll Apology

Everyone,

I have never before posted a negative thread on a forum, but yes, my first post was harsh, and now I'm the troll apologizing. I simply wanted to browse Airheads for sale on the Flea Market, expecting the old format that made sense to me. So, I apologize to all, especially volunteers.

For what it's worth, I have been active for years as a volunteer in our local club and have ridden BMW bikes since '83.

To the administrator, you can pull this thread to restore peace, or not, if you want to give more people an opportunity to reply.

Paul
MOA 31,448

Now I Understand

I've moved this thread to Online Central since it is about the website and not about Airheads.

Darryl and all,

Now that I have taken a few minutes to read WHY the flea market has changed, I regret even further how I responded to my first few minutes with the new Flea Market. After spending some time looking through ads in Flea Market, I find this setup works just fine.

Again, sorry I ran my mouth before reading further.

Paul

Paul -

No problem...glad you have "adjusted". :clap Things have changed and for those that don't often visit the forum and maybe just the old Flea Market, things might look a bit wonky. We're on a good path and hope to continue to get things ironed out. Of course, everyone has their own opinion! :whistle

I'll reply to the thread.

To be honest, I don't particularly care for the new format of the Flea Market.

I thought the old format worked quite well and don't understand why the MOA decided to ditch that format.

Sincerely,

The Rocket Man

I don't understand the big push back agains the new flea market area. This is the way nearly every moto fourm on the internet operates their flea markets and it's a non-issue.

You were right, Paul!

Darryl and all,

Now that I have taken a few minutes to read WHY the flea market has changed, I regret even further how I responded to my first few minutes with the new Flea Market. After spending some time looking through ads in Flea Market, I find this setup works just fine.

Again, sorry I ran my mouth before reading further.

Paul

Paul, you were right about the new Flea Market....It SUCKS ! All the folks who like it, and are in favor of it can pile on all they like, but I stand by my assessment, and won't be swayed. The old format was MUCH better, and this forum baloney sucks. Thanks to the volunteers, and any others for the effort, but my appreciation for your efforts does NOT diminish the fact that the forum format for the Flea Market SUCKS !

The new format works great. The old format did not. Not sure why this isn't obvious to everyone.

Then again - it seems only the guys with single digit posting histories are complaining...:whistle

Maybe the internet in general isn't the right format for you guys.

The magazine still arrives in your mailbox every month right?

That format is nice and cumbersome - maybe that's what you're looking for?

:thumb

The new format works great. The old format did not. Not sure why this isn't obvious to everyone.

Then again - it seems only the guys with single digit posting histories are complaining...:whistle

Maybe the internet in general isn't the right format for you guys.

The magazine still arrives in your mailbox every month right?

That format is nice and cumbersome - maybe that's what you're looking for?

:thumb

I think this is the big hurdle. Some of the BMW ownership are probably not very internet savvy let alone forum or board savvy. I prefer the forum classifieds section to any other setup. It gives you a lot of leeway in how you setup the add and you can get immediate feedback from potential buyers.

Back