• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Auxiliary Lighting Alternative- Mondo Bullet Lights

rvb1019

logo.jpg

http://www.mondomotos.com

Ordered my set in November and finally got around to installing them on my 2002 R1150R today. In a word- AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

We installed them in the bolt hole for the oil coolers:
blogger-image--1038090473.jpg

Clean and elegant design made them fit sweetly in place:
blogger-image--1324075448.jpg

Wish I could take credit for it but my buddy suggested the location.

Switch was installed on the inside of left hand turn signal assembly:
blogger-image--1293274983.jpg

Low beam only:
blogger-image--1992679864.jpg

Low and Mondo Lights: In a word BAM!!!!!
blogger-image-1051951251.jpg

Thinking about ordering set for the LT where the Piaas normally go in under the front cowling. At $136 for the lights and harness, it's a steal when compared to Motolights. Disclaimer: I don't have a interest in this product other than thinking that it's a great alternative to Motolights.

advmonster.com is another great source for lower cost LED lighting.

Light triangle

One thought to add:
I was told that creating a light triangle helps others calculate your approach speed better. The triangle getting larger registers with our brain very effectively. One common way to die on a moto is having a car/truck turn in front of you and later say, "I didn't see him" or "I thought he was farther away". Supposedly, in Europe, you cannot put aux. lights in a row, ie, one on either side of the headlight, due to this perception issue.
Also, the bigger the triangle, the better this works.
My PIAAs on my brake calipers have kept everyone away from me (I run them day and night) and even make some drivers pull to the right to let me pass. (How polite!)

Safe riding!

Back