• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Southern MD

terham

BeemerBoy
I spent the weekend in beautiful Southern MD sose I could ride, eat crabs and watch the AMA National MX in Budd's Creek, MD. I left suburban Philly Sat morning and the first stop was the Open House at Main Line BMW so I could drool over the new bikes and get some summer riding pants. Successful on both accounts, I headed down the Eastern Shore of MD, crossed the Bay Bridge and stopped in Solomon's Island.

Patuxent River bridge at Solomon's Island. One of the many bridges I crossed.
25491133-M.jpg

Solomon's Island is a scenic place surrounded by river and bay with places to eat/drink and there's a nice maritime museum there. I had a short ride left to my destination of Dameron.
My brother has a house on St Jerome's Creek where I stayed. Definitely one of my favorite places.
25491145-M.jpg

With Hans settled in for the night...
25491143-M.jpg

we could get down to business..
25491147-M.jpg

Before...(fine dining Southern MD style - dont' be slow reading the paper - it ends up on the dinner table)
25491140-M.jpg

25491139-M.jpg

After...(our alien dinner guest looks a lot like his shirt).
25491138-M.jpg

Sunday morning we headed up to the races. I on my K100 and my brother (a laspse Beemer rider) on his '03 HD Road King.
25491136-M.jpg

If you arrive on a motorcycle they let you park in a grassy area close to the track
25491135-M.jpg

right nex to the starting line where you can watch the starts.
25491134-M.jpg

Unfortunately I was pressed for time so the ride home was on highway with only a stop to inhale a 99 cents double cheeseburger from McD's (I love the dollar menu they have.)

Southern MD is a great place to ride. It's pretty flat but there's water everywhere with nice views and lots of uncrowded two lane roads through farmlands and wooded areas. The crabs ain't bad either.

Nice report and great pictures; thanks for sharing them with us. Your K bike is really nice, much cooler than your brother's. Tell him I said so.

I love Southern MD, a real contrast in terrain to my mountainous Western MD. Most of the roads are wide open, and there are plenty of great 2 lane twisties. Lots to see if you like water; Calvert Cliffs is my personal favorite. Great place to hike around and find shark's teeth (which I understand, you no longer are allowed to keep).

Some of those crabs looked like "questionable" keepers. Lets' hope the DNR LEO's don't spend too much time on this site :D

Great pics; Thanks for sharing them.

Back