• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Anybody with Redverz Tent?

Polarbear

Polarbear
Been looking again lately to simplify my gear, camp setup! This tent seems to eliminate the extra parawing I carry for shade and protection from general weather,sun and so on. Its all one package and apparently big enough to provide all the above. I have not been a BIG tent advocate thru most of my camping life, keeping'em small. This by Redverz is a big tent, against my grain, so to speak. I like the idea, however and wathcing the videos at their website is very appealing, but that sales/marketing at its finest. ANY real users out here in BMW land like the tent, have opinions? Around 550$ I think for these, so its an upgrade for most to go here in $$$. Boy, they sure look easy and fast to put up, I LIKE that. I spend too much time now with parawing and all else. THX, Randy

Love Ours!

Bought one last summer. I can set it up by myself in the same time it takes to set up our 4 person Eureka. Packs almost the same size as the Eureka. We travel 2-up most of the time. Nice having a dry place to dress standing up. Buy the optional ground cloth that goes under the sleeping area. Once installed it stays connected and makes for an easy setup tear down. We would buy this tent again as we're very satisfied.

THX Chuck:)

I've been in contact with them in Colorado already and got quick turnaround replies via email today. A lot said for a (Redverz owner)guy watching his email, he cares to answer promptly! I will order one before my first outing(soon) this rally season. Wife likes green one. Any advantage to that bright yellow one? I heard flying BUGS like yellow? Unknown? Maybe a myth! See yall in Salem. Randy"Polarbear"

Randy, we bought the yellow thinking it might be a bit cooler in daytime temps. Guessing it will show the dirt more than the green. A number of rally friends have this tent...4 yellows, 2 green. Three bought their tent when yellow was the only choice. See you in Salem. We'll be the GSA by the yellow tent! <grin?

As one who is allergic to bee and wasp stings, I can assure you that a bright yellow will attract those critters, just like a colorful flower. I don't know if it has the same effect on mosquitos and other pests.

I have one from when they were called Nomad tents (version 1) and like it. It came with a pole that didn't have enough segments and the owner of the company sent me a whole new set of poles of a more robust design very quickly. What I've found is that I really like it for the times I'm at a campsite for more than one night. It doesn't take too long to set up and tear down, but it does take longer than my backbacking tent. So it if it is a quick one night trip or many long riding days and late night setup then I opt for the small tent. Otherwise I go with the big one. Just really nice to be able to stand up and get dressed in the morning and I love having the covered space to stash the panniers and set up a chair.

Bought one at the Rally in Sedalia and plan to use it at the Holiday Travel Park off Old Dixie highway during bike week. It packs smaller than my Catoma Switchback and has more room. The Catoma is a great tent but I wanted a tent that I coujd stand up in.

RIDE SAFE

Thx;

Keep'em coming, all the experiences are valuable. Looks like I am on the customer list of this tent very soon, just have not got to it yet! I know I do not want to buy many more tents, just 1 for the rest of this life. I have a garage full of'em(6) and just need one more:). Maybe the BSA will enjoy a nice donation of tents? I too, Salem bound in July and adding two more GSs to the family tree this week, F800,F700GSs. Whole West family on GS, at 4 of us coming to Salem. My other 2 are East Coast riding GSs, but not able to attend. My Redverz will be GREEN, wife hates bugs and a yellow magnet may be just that. I keep her happy:). Randy

Annie and I have used one for three years. Overall we are satisfied. They do pack large, but are fairly easy to erect. We always have two sets of hands to put up and take down the tent. That could be an issue. The space is great to have. Storage, sitting and dressing are all a breeze.

Did it today:)

I just bought the latest "Green" Series2 tent by Redverz, awaiting its arrival in a few days. Just a followup. After seeing these around the past 2 years at rallies, I had impressions of large cumbersome tents and work! With homework behind me now, I am buying one. They do not come any easier to set up, including my basic backpackers tents I've used for decades. I am looking forward to leaving behind some of my gear, as in parawings, etc. that this new tent provides, "built in". Just has got to be simpler and much less time setting camp. So it packs bigger, but I am saving packing(leaving behind) a few other items as I see it. A compromise I hope works out and it surely looks so. Soon, I try my new, latest tent in a garage full of'em:(. I'm tired of all my tents, some of which have served me really swell for decades in some cases and now at 60 in age, I have my last one here. Wishing, hoping a lot. I picked "Green", just seem to love the cammo forest appearance, Army green thing:). I would have picket Navy Blue(not available), being a Navy family here:). I have to live with it! I'll be hard to spot, camping in the woods. My GSA1200 is white, a dead givaway. Randy

As one who is allergic to bee and wasp stings, I can assure you that a bright yellow will attract those critters, just like a colorful flower. I don't know if it has the same effect on mosquitos and other pests.

When I was ATVing ,my buddy had a yellow Kawasaki atv and we made him park it far away from camp cause the yellow would attract lots of bugs! no kidding!

This is very good information--thanks for posting.

For me, my nose/sinuses are pretty sensitive to fumes and smells and I for sure don't want my bike parked that close to where I'm trying to sleep. No desire to breathe in gasoline fumes, motor oil fumes, gear oil fumes, tire rubber fumes, squashed bugs odor, etc. This tent's concept is more show than go IMHO.

This is very good information--thanks for posting.

For me, my nose/sinuses are pretty sensitive to fumes and smells and I for sure don't want my bike parked that close to where I'm trying to sleep. No desire to breathe in gasoline fumes, motor oil fumes, gear oil fumes, tire rubber fumes, squashed bugs odor, etc. This tent's concept is more show than go IMHO.

You don't HAVE to put your bike in it! Just think of it as a tent with a standup covered porch.

:dance:dance:dance

I want shade:)

I probably wont park a bike in it either, for the most part I will use the front vestibule as a shade relief, sitting area, etc.... Leave my extra parawings home:). This thing on video sets up so easy and efficiently, a no brainer to me. Hope I am right. Randy

I probably wont park a bike in it either, for the most part I will use the front vestibule as a shade relief, sitting area, etc.... Leave my extra parawings home:). This thing on video sets up so easy and efficiently, a no brainer to me. Hope I am right. Randy

Same here. I have found that the tent invites company at a rally. Especially when it looks like rain... The porch makes it very accommodating to passer's by. YMMV
Ron

Wish I hadn't seen this...just bought a 4 man Big Agnes last fall. Anyone have the dimensions? How is condensation in this tent?

Thanks,

Bob

I used mine this past week for the first time on a 2000 mile trip. It worked great and I loved all the space I had and being able to change standing up, but if my wife is traveling with me I don't see myself carrying the tent too. I think I would have to stay in a hotel if I have her as a passenger because I just don't see where I would put the camping gear. On my trip I packed the tent with my cot and kermit in my wolfman duffle and strapped it down to the passenger seat with rok straps. If any of you have any ideas or suggestions for toting the camping gear along with a passenger I'm all ears.

DSC_0090_zps16b162f8.jpg

DSC_0112_zps974ae10d.jpg

Yeah:)

I know, rain at many rallies past and my extra parawing(past setup years) I carried drew a crowd in the camp area! I invited'em of course. This newfound Redverz unit is a one package does all and NO more extra setup proceedures to get shade and/or rain relief. Mine comes via UPS this day, so I get to set her up in my yard, as a boy with new toy:). Maybe I get a pic or two. My camp has got to get simpler/easier, less time consuming and some vendors are inventing/leading the way. I bite$ and will indeed say more, give some review of my own. Randy

My Pic:)

Got her set up in yard and slept in it, couldn't wait! I probably wont use the garage area for parking bike much but wanted to see it in there anyways. It makes a great sitting area, out of weather or sun. The sleeping for two is roomy with two full size air matresses or one queen matress. Using the REI sleeping pads makes even more room to spare. A NICE 2 man tent, 2 vestibules, one of which is HUGE for bike parking if so desired. We also opted for green. Randy

Attachments

• 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 2,190
with bike, GSA1200

The room is there for a big bike. I like the space for lounging however and will keep it free of m/c most of the time. A perfect out of the weather cooking space or dressing room, etc...Even room for extra campers in an emergency in that front porch vestibule. A smaller vestibule for gear is thru the back door, so a true two door tent from sleeping area. Randy

Attachments

• 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 2,267
Back