• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Shipping Bike to AK

rmac
I'm considering shipping my bike from CO to either Haines or Anchorage, AK this May. Any advice and lessons learned would be appreicated. Thanks.

Pack it well!

A rough trip by truck, so be sure your shipper KNOWS his stuff? I used to truck, 18 wheelers in BC and Alberta long ago, know my knowledge of this:). Seattle/VancouverBC HAVE shipping via waterways, probably a much safer option,imo. . A tough shopping list I think, finding this request, but probably out there. Randy

Barging to AK would be the way most shipping is done. Cars, equipment etc. Leaves SEA several times a week.

Jack

Alaska Marine Highway

You might consider the Alaska Marine Highway ferries. One leaves from Bellingham WA, cruises up the inside passage, and can land you in Skagway or Haines. The ferry takes bikes as well as cars, trucks, etc... It's a really scenic and stress free way to get up there. IMHO.

Back