• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Friends of Bill W in New England and E Canada

rdcamp

I'm intending on doing some touring this season in New England and Eastern Canada.

Looking for advice on the area, and perhaps some coffee !

PM me for Anon.... :)

If you get over to Maine, I would avoid riding after dark if you can avoid it. Our moose like to come out onto the roadways at night, I think they just like to watch the traffic go by or something. Serious though, they are very big, black, and there eyes do not reflect nearly as much light from your headlights as a deer does. And they do not seem in any hurry to get out of the way. And if they do hurry, it may be to get in the way. If you must travel after dark, slow down and pay attention.

Watch your speed on the Maine Turnpike and I-95. They give out a lot of speeding tickets.

Do you know what area of Maine you would be travelling through if you do come to Maine?

Washington County and Aroostook County are two great areas for riding. Washington County is about half the size of Massachusetts. It has no big box stores. It has only three traffic lights. U S route 1 slices through it. Home of the Down East Coast. Aroostook County is huge and the quality of the pavement on the state roads that run through it are the best in the state of Maine. Not many people, beautiful farmlands, rolling hills, and also home to one of the corners of the United States in Madawaska.

I am also a long time friend of Bill W.

Mark

Back