• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Amtrak Auto Train

CAPNGEO

There is an "off the beaten path" if I ever heard of one..... loading your bike on the train!

I'm thinking about taking the train this summer when we go north to ride Canada. Anyone done it? Good, bad, or ugly? They are quoting $560 for 2 people, 1 bike, 1 trailer, and a "sleeper" upgrade. Dollars and cents it's cheaper to ride the 900 miles, but than again if the experience is worth it, what the hell?

Did it with my wife when we went to Cape Brenton was much better than slogging 95 to get to cooler weather. after we got off in Lorton went NW on back roads to Gettysburg then North to the Poconos then NE to New England then to Canada left Deland around 4 got to VA around 8am good nite sllep was well worth it.

We did it several years ago and I wouldn't mind doing it again but it is costly. The sleeper car is definitely the way to go, expecially during "snow bird" migration. :D We rode coach and it was a bit of an experience riding with the grannys fighting over seats, the tv, etc.

Back