Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello From Upstate NY

Quote Originally Posted by maxcatalyst View Post
    Hi everyone new member here from upstate NY. I've been riding a 2011 G 650 GS since May of last year and am truly enjoying it. Started my riding "experience" back in 1972 on a little Honda QA50 3 speed with an automatic clutch after hurricane Agnes wiped out all of our toys. A few months in to that summer of '72 flood clean up Mom and Dad asked my brother and me if we'd rather replace our games and toys OR "go get a couple of minibikes?" The rest as they say is history. I'm looking forward to making new friends here at MOA.
    Since 99.5% of the NY land mass is "Upstate" could you guys be a bit more definitive. Since you mentioned Agnes, I assume you're near the North Branch of the Susquehanna. Is that so?

Otherwise, welcome to the cranky, semi anti-social world of the BMWMOA forums. We do bipolar better than most
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Since 99.5% of the NY land mass is "Upstate" could you guys be a bit more definitive. Since you mentioned Agnes, I assume you're near the North Branch of the Susquehanna. Is that so?

Otherwise, welcome to the cranky, semi anti-social world of the BMWMOA forums. We do bipolar better than most
    Grew up just outside of Painted Post not too far from Corning where the Tioga river meets the Chemung. Now live just east of Rochester near our local BMW dealer Country Rode Motowerks.

RK Ryder
    Welcome to the Forum and the MOA Club, Max and RD.

Living in NY and being so close to us in Ontario, you might wish to check out our Club's ABC Rally being held from May 17-21 this spring.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

, camped at Cranberry Lake and biked around the Lake Placid
    region. Scenery was awesome.
    Welcome to the site.
    In 1974/1975 I went to New York State Ranger School, which is located on Cranberry Lake.
    You're right, that part of the state has great scenery.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

USFBull
    Was fun reading this thread. Grew up in the Elmira area. Now in O-HI-O in the Air Force. Great riding in that part of the country. I envie you guys/gals. It's rather flat out here - until you get in the southeast portion of the state. May have to come out that way this summer -- do the Finger Lakes tour.

Cheers!

//Rob

Grew up just outside of Painted Post not too far from Corning where the Tioga river meets the Chemung. Now live just east of Rochester near our local BMW dealer Country Rode Motowerks.
    I live directly south of Painted Post / Corning near Penn State University. Most of my riding is in the twin tiers of PA/NY
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744