• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member- Eagle, CO

colorado_okie

Hello All,
I'm Randy and I'm writing you from the west slope Colorado town of Eagle! I just recently purchased my long awaited (and overdue!), first BMW motorcycle. My local sheriffs office decided to sell their bikes, so I purchased a 2004 R1150RTP, with 8700 miles. I last rode a KLR650 in 2004, and sold it before I moved to Colorado....what a mistake that was! I've always been fond of the RT's, and got such a good deal I couldn't turn it down.

Since it's still February, I can't do any riding its just sitting in the garage for now. I'm looking forward to completing the MSF class, getting geared up and riding!!

Hoping to learn a thing or two around here,

- Randy

Welcome aboard

I also like those bikes - Congrats on yours. I take it from your user name you're a transplant from Oklahoma. Hope you're enjoying Colorado. I lived in Durango back in the day and got really tired of the snow:sick

I go back every year to elk hunt but with a bow and long before the snow falls:drink

I also like those bikes - Congrats on yours. I take it from your user name you're a transplant from Oklahoma. Hope you're enjoying Colorado. I lived in Durango back in the day and got really tired of the snow:sick

I go back every year to elk hunt but with a bow and long before the snow falls:drink

Thanks!

I am, a gen-u-wine transplant. Grew up in OKC, lived in SoCal for a bit and have settled in Colorado. Where in CO, do you come to hunt?

- Randy

Hello All,
I'm Randy and I'm writing you from the west slope Colorado town of Eagle! I just recently purchased my long awaited (and overdue!), first BMW motorcycle. My local sheriffs office decided to sell their bikes, so I purchased a 2004 R1150RTP, with 8700 miles. I last rode a KLR650 in 2004, and sold it before I moved to Colorado....what a mistake that was! I've always been fond of the RT's, and got such a good deal I couldn't turn it down.

Since it's still February, I can't do any riding its just sitting in the garage for now. I'm looking forward to completing the MSF class, getting geared up and riding!!

Hoping to learn a thing or two around here,

- Randy
Welcome to the forum Randy. If I understand your post correctly, an '04 with 8,700 miles? Even with 87,000 it's a great bike. Enjoy the new bike and enjoy the forum. Any questions- just ask. Gary

Thanks!

I am, a gen-u-wine transplant. Grew up in OKC, lived in SoCal for a bit and have settled in Colorado. Where in CO, do you come to hunt?

- Randy

North of Delores a little west of the small town of Dunton. Near Middle, Dunn and Dolores peaks.

Welcome to the forum Randy. If I understand your post correctly, an '04 with 8,700 miles? Even with 87,000 it's a great bike. Enjoy the new bike and enjoy the forum. Any questions- just ask. Gary

That's correct, 8700 miles. They other bike they had, only showed 11k miles. Pretty crazy. Since they never rode them, the sheriff decided to get ride of them. If I told you deal I got, you'd be even more shocked!

Back