• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Best online mapping program!

I wanted to share with you something I have been facinated with for the past month:

www.maps.google.com

OK, so it's a mapping program like all the other BUT the really cool thing is the satillite button (upper right hand corner) where you toggle between the map and can really ZOOM in on really detailed photos of the most popular destinations. Some areas are more detailed than others.

Check out Niagara Falls!

:thumb

Wow! That is cool. Like I'm not already addicted to maps ; )

Thanks for sharing.

Voni
sMiling

Sweet!

Thanks for sharing!! :thumb Totally cool!! :D
I did not realize that google had this feature. That makes planning my summer trip that much better :clap :clap

type "free wi-fi [zip code]" and put a zip code in there. google will tell you where to go to get online for free.

brad, if you like that, type "free sex [zip code.]"

if you put "free sex 78759" (a zip here in austin) you get a list of interesting businesses in the right hand column.

try it for your home town too folks! :D

typing "whore 78759" got me the state bar, the texas state capitol, time warner cable, and a couple more churches. this is a very honest and accurate tool!

i don't know if we can say "whore" on here. mods - if not i can edit the post and put an asterisk in where the "o" is to disguise the word. i don't give a sh*t, i can accept that. ;)

anyway, type some off-color keywords and a zip code, and see which businesses google thinks will help you with what you need!

i'll get totally distracted with google satelite sometimes, massachusetts is super high res for the whole state and i'll do a screen shot of a friends place and circle their house, email it to them and say someone sent it to me in the mail with a "note" or something, i've only managed to fool my less internet savy friends

maps.google has most of the fire roads and back roads in places like New Mexico and Utah. It is much more accurate than Mapquest too.

Back