• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Any Alternatives to the weight of the RT ?

Funny

But no one has mentioned Trikes. Why is that? Not that I have one, but it seems to me they were the first three wheeled, other than sidecar, that were produced.

But no one has mentioned Trikes. Why is that? Not that I have one, but it seems to me they were the first three wheeled, other than sidecar, that were produced.

Between a standard configuration trike and a Spyder.. i'd go with a Spyder, no questions. Handling and associated technologies are better, nature of steering is pretty much the same.
And, for comparable machines, cost is better on the Spydie.

When I think trike, I have flashbacks of Laugh-In and I remember reports of accidents of 3 wheeled ATVs.

Short folks do have issues with relatively tall bikes

Bingo! Not so much not being able to deal with those issues, one just gets to the point of not wanting to struggle with them on a daily basis. Why just jump to the conclusion that there's a lack of skill or training? You are probably young (for a BMW rider) and tall and have no idea what it's like to be old and short. Yeah, I've ridden bikes where I have had to slide off to one side to put a foot down, but wouldn't want to do it on a regular basis.

I applaud your advocacy for ongoing skills training. I have just been trying to put forward the perspective of why old, short guys would be looking around for a shorter, lighter bike to do what our excellent RT's do. It's just another iteration of guys looking for the perfect bike that does everything. A futile search, but fun. :dunno

Back