• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

What are you using to convert maps online to a GPX file? Motorrad Navigator IV

bikerpaul

I'm trying to create maps online and convert them to a GPX file so I don't have to painstakingly create a custom map on the Navigator IV. It seems like the only way to accomplish this is by converting a file to GPX and then loading it to the GPS unit. I tried sending via google maps but that only transfers the actual address.

:ear I'm working on the same question. There's a Youtube vid on the subject that I'll be taking several looks at as soon as time permits.

TourStart

Thanks Don. Just signed up for TourStart. I like the look of it so far. Obviously haven't put anything on my Zumo 665 yet, but I was wondering if they have the "shaping point" feature like that in Mapsource that allows a route to be guided yet not call out every point along the route other than via's and destinations.

Check out Garmin's own Basecamp. It's also free.

Yeahbutt... you have to buy the map data to get to the good riding!

I do use Basecamp with the maps and it works great. I can export GPX and share or upload to RidewithGPS.com

I can also convert routes to tracks... and vice-versa (assuming the track doesn't go into the woods, where there are no roads)

But the one thing I simply can't figure out is how convert a GPX into Google Maps that provide turn-by-turn directions. I can convert the route to KML or KMX for Google and see the route on the Google Map, but no turn-by-turn directions. I know why this is (see Mark's snarky comment above :ha )... but I can't find a product or process that does this.

Sorry for the slight thread drift, but if anyone here knows of a solution (and it doesn't have to be free), I am :ear

Ian

Amazing. I sent mail to TourStart and received a response already. They weren't aware of shaping points but are excited about getting more info on them to see how they can integrate that type of tool in to their product.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Back