• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Just took RT for Spin

Atomicman52

58 Degrees here in Seattle and sunny today!

RT started on 1st crank in a couple a months and ran like a charm!

Had a bla:laughst!

You call your bike RT?
I call my bike RT. "Come on, RT, let's go for a ride".
"Ok, RT, we have to leave now".
"Ah, RT, we shall rest for the night now".
I don't know if you should also call your bike RT.
Since you go by Atomicman, I have decided to name your bike Electron for you.
It is a good name, and hopefully, your bike will wear it in good health.
dc

We had 60 today for work. We get cold and rainy for Saturday and just plain cold for Sunday. Cold being a high of low 40s which is cold for the upstate. Glad you got to ride! As much as I complain about the weather, I did get to ride last Saturday and Sunday.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

I rode my RT today too!

Rode my RT to and from work and errands after work.
RT (Althea) ran awesome as always but pissy as we only went 70 miles and lots of city traffic. That bike hates stop an go.
Rode my TW200 for work as I do everyday. That bike never complains, never ceases to amaze.
Rode my Airhead yesterday, love the old girl but damn the RT is so superior in every way.
Been 70+ here on the Left Central Coast.
Life is good

You call your bike RT?
I call my bike RT. "Come on, RT, let's go for a ride".
"Ok, RT, we have to leave now".
"Ah, RT, we shall rest for the night now".
I don't know if you should also call your bike RT.
Since you go by Atomicman, I have decided to name your bike Electron for you.
It is a good name, and hopefully, your bike will wear it in good health.
dc

dc, Thanks from RT and of course AM & CW in the PM, OK:banghead

Got mine out for a bit today. Started at 18F and ended at 22F - had to run the grips and seat on "high" for a few minutes!

Got mine out for a bit today. Started at 18F and ended at 22F - had to run the grips and seat on "high" for a few minutes!

I rode my RT today as well, but here in New Orleans, it was a 52f.... Greetings from the MV forum Oldspice! Do you still have your MP3?

Yep, It Is Time To Ride

In Northern California we only lay the RT's up for a couple months. I took RT out for a ride yesterday and I had fun. It is always amazing to me when I haven't been out riding for a while how much fun these bikes are.
I don't remember the tire nibble vibratiion/noise being this bad. It is time for another set of PR2's, or is it time for PR3's?
What ever Michelin is offering this year I am on my way.
Have fun! Be Safe!

I really miss living in Southern California where I could ride everyday. Now I live in Michigan but did ride a couple time in Dec.

I rode the gal to work today, it was 27 when I left but it was worth the mid 50s ride home. I'm amazed at the short amount of time I can ride with the seat and grips on level 2. I haven't connected my heated gear since I haven't ridden very far this winter.

I took my new '12 GS for a spin the other day, and it was a beautiful 83 degrees here in SoCal. The Ortega Highway was a great ride (as usual). Now I can't decide whether to take my RT or the GS to the Rally in July!

Last edited:
Aw, you guys...

-12C here yesterday, milder today, but ...

Another month, then riding...

No wait, going to Las Vegas and San Francisco for wife's birthday, so maybe April...

Well, you should enjoy even if some of us can't.

I rode home from work on the morning of 15 February, after a night shift... it was 12 degrees. Everything heated was on during the one hour trip.

.....oh and everybody at work thought I was crazy :laugh .

I took my new '12 GS for a spin the other day, and it was a beautiful 83 degrees here in SoCal. The Ortega Highway was a great ride (as usual). Now I can't decide whether to take my RT or the GS to the Rally in July!

That is a real conundrum. Maybe you could tow the GS with the RT and take them both>>>>>>>>>>>:laugh

They could start a new award category..." Most bikes brought by one rider" :deal...!!!

Actually I am just jealous and board. Need to ride. Its about 20F here this AM. That alone would not prohibit a nice wake up ride but the local authority seems to have an excess of "salt ":sick. Every time the weatherman mentions the "S" word they dump another inch or two of salt on the road. I prefer the snow. They must be getting kickbacks from the salt people.

Wish I was there! Enjoy.

Back